NGD(s) Day

Discussion about wooden neck Kramer guitars made in the USA and American Series.
Soulmagnet
Kramer Maniac

NGD(s) Day

Post by Soulmagnet » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:44 am

First, let me apologize for not being around for a while and not returning PM's. I know I put shit up for sale and then bolted. My life, (business and personal) was turned upside down few months ago I'll (hopefully) be through what's been going on by then and will be back more often. Health is ok so no worries there ;) Any who, it's been a while since I've posted anything new or new gear. So here goes! Enjoy the pics, and I hope you're all doing swell! Merry early Christmas everyone! If I don't make it back before. Take care!

So I just finally scored MY Kramer holy No Bozo in mint condition. No, I've never played an 83 but now owning two swans, I (think) I can safely say I'll never be going after one of the those, not because of price but...for my needs, hand size, ears, whatnot, I feel like this is the best bolt on Kramer (never played a swan II) ever made and I'm not spending 10k or more to see if has more mojo than a Nightswan lol Shout out to Alex who MADE me buy it :D And shout out to Swantech who answered my question of "do Nightswans really have any special mojo than any other Kramer to justify their price?". He answered in the affirmative and I'm blessed and thankful to have two now. He was absolutely right. Worth every penny.

I've been waiting since i turned 15 or 16 for one of these guitars. This represents the epitome of my mid-life crisis and I'm loving every minute of this part of getting old! And 2 more Parkers accidentally showed up of course , I know I know, most of you hate them but that's cool ;) But, both are a little special in that they are Parker Classics (basswood neck, mahogany body, as opposed to the standard deluxe which is basswood neck, poplar body) root beer is a rare color and the trans blue (have to take out in the sunlight to see it) also rare, in fact never seen one. The paint on the back of the guitar looks almost exactly like Charvel's old Model series Cobalt blue. I never thought I'd own a brown guitar here we are!

Sorry for the longwindedness, it's been a while ;)

Last edited by Soulmagnet on Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
All Kramers are mutts

Soulmagnet
Kramer Maniac

Re: NGD(s) Day

Post by Soulmagnet » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 am

Didn't mean to post again, Menace, if you want to remove this one that'd be cool. Thanks.
All Kramers are mutts

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Post by _xxx_ » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 am

Looks great :thumbs glad you're doing well, it's been a while

Soulmagnet
Kramer Maniac

Post by Soulmagnet » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:19 am

Thanks buddy :) Things will be back to normal soonish!
All Kramers are mutts

ShredIsLife
Kramer Maniac

Post by ShredIsLife » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:58 am

So glad you bought it bro lol. I told you that was THE one! Soon enough i'm coming up to jam on it myself.

And those Parkers look amazing.
:bananahead :bananahead :bananahead :bananahead

My collection page on vintagekramer.com (just a fraction of the Kramers i've owned)
http://vintagekramer.com/mine12.htm

Takemebackto84
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Takemebackto84 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Welcome back and congrats - that Nightswan looks mint as fck drool
1983 Pacer Special - Rainbow
1984 Baretta White
1985 Baretta Cream
1985 Baretta Cream maple fretboard
1985 Baretta Black Custom Plate
1985 Baretta Cream Custom Plate w. added single pickup
1988 Baretta I Claw White
1988 Nightswan Blue Sparkle
1989 Ibanez Jem777DY Desert Sun Yellow
1989 Ibanez Jem77FP
1991 Ibanez Jem777VBK
1992 EBMM EVH Trans Red
2007 Yamaha Pacifica 1511MS Mike Stern
2010 Jackson USA PC-1 Trans Red Flame
2012 Suhr Modern Koa Reb Beach Spec

AAEA
Kramer Kingpin

Post by AAEA » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:41 pm

yer gonna run out of parkers to buy at this rate lol.

cool guitars! :headbang
I own kramers :mrgreen

Kramers
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Kramers » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:00 pm

Welcome back champ! And sweet new additions! Congrats!

Btw, that trippy poster with the guy sticking a giant bent needle into his anus at the bottom (pun not intended). What a classic!

:thumbs
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

Soulmagnet
Kramer Maniac

Post by Soulmagnet » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:57 pm

Thanks guys!
Btw, that trippy poster with the guy sticking a giant bent needle into his anus at the bottom (pun not intended). What a classic!
It's my way of reminding myself it can always be worse :mrgreen But seriously, I do like the dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch and that is the last third of his most famous painting (triptych) titled "The Garden of Earthly Delights".

From and artsy fartsy website:

Bosch’s most famous painting, The Garden of Earthly Delights, was made to commemorate Count Henry II of Nassau-Breda’s wedding. Fischer explains that the piece was intended to illustrate the “benefits and hazards” of marriage through the lens of biblical storytelling. The triptych shows Adam and Eve in a harmonious landscape on the left, a hedonistic paradise at the center, and a blazing hell awaiting the unbridled lovers on the right panel. But, as with many of his other works, Bosch’s penchant for humor and absurdity shines through his masterpiece. Nude figures twist their spindly bodies around one another and perform acrobatic poses, birds and animals look on or join in the erotic revelry, and some participants congregate in snug shells and enclosures of various shapes and colors. Levity can even be found in the macabre scenes of destruction on the triptych’s right side, where a pair of giant ears wields a massive knife and monumental musical instruments are used as torture devices. More than 500 years after its creation, The Garden of Earthly Delights, which puts Bosch’s boundless imagination on full view, remains a source of intense fascination and entertainment for art historians and art lovers alike.

And kudos for FINALLY someone saying something about that painting in the back LMFAO, you WIN man!!!
All Kramers are mutts

Kramers
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Kramers » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:33 pm

:toast

I love it! The absurdness, the macabre, the painting style, but the whole adam and eve triptych (pretending to know what that means) really makes it cool too!

I can see his influence in things like Monty Python's absurd and naked illustrations as well as Napalm Death's Utopia Banished album cover among others. And the third piece reminds me of the actual present state of Portland OR, only less needles.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbs
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)