Seafoam body

Discussion about the identification of Kramer Guitars and Kramer history
RoidRage
Kramer Maniac

Re: Seafoam body

Post by RoidRage » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:35 pm

I had took a some photos I just skipped past ‘em.. Here’s the back of the neck, I can’t edit my old post. Recess is definitely routed a bit and painted black so they could better fit the “pro” from what it looks like. It seems to be intentionally cut to stop the trem from going sharp. That or it just works out perfectly that way with the stock tone block. Amazing sound. This guitar resonates like the dickens. I’ll put some time on it after work.

Last edited by RoidRage on Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kramers
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Kramers » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:58 pm

Missing the allen wrench holder! So fire sale as well?
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

Dirty D
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Dirty D » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:46 am

Looks like a Pacer Deluxe body to me, especially given the wider control cavity. I'm surprised that pick guard covers it, as usually you need one of the harder-to-find wide pickguards for that type of body. That's one of the first gen FR Pros made by Kahler, and you have to remove some wood to allow full travel, so maybe they just didn't remove enough. Maybe it was a project somebody was working on at Kramer and abandoned because it was turning into a mess, then sold off at the fire sales, or maybe more likely somebody bought the body at fire sales and then did all that later on. I'd also agree it's probably a fire sale neck. It looks like it's got good potential though as a rehab project.
If you're going through hell, keep going... -Winston Churchill

Karma, justice, whatever you call it... It's really there, just keep looking for it. -Kevn Kinney

Classic II Tele seafoam green
DMZ 6000G from Bob Corson
buncha others from mints to mutts
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastard childs:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

lonewolfsx
Kramer Kommander

Post by lonewolfsx » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:24 am

100% Pacer DLX body, the curve of the body up towards the neck on the treble horn is a tell tale sign it's not a Focus or 1000 series body. Wider cavity is normal for a very late deluxe body for the wider pickguard. Problem is those pickguards are impossible to find - should be an 8-hole guard not 11 like this one but hey, it's fire sale.

Neck is also a true "American" neck (still ESP MIJ of course) but it has the correct volute, paint, logo. Probably was destined for a white body to match the color.

Too bad about the routing. It would've already had a floyd route, that was extended for the floyd pro. A DLX body with a recessed trem cavity that wasn't F'd with, especially in a cool color like that, could be pretty valuable - at least to someone like me who loves Deluxes. Either way it's well worth rehabbing but the route is obviously irreversible.

Dirty D
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Dirty D » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:02 am

Wider cavity is normal for a very late deluxe body for the wider pickguard. Problem is those pickguards are impossible to find
This is very true.

For that reason, I sent one of mine up the Chandler last year and had them make some duplicates. I have a couple extras saved for a rainy day, and I'm usually open to cool trade proposals with my forum brothas.
If you're going through hell, keep going... -Winston Churchill

Karma, justice, whatever you call it... It's really there, just keep looking for it. -Kevn Kinney

Classic II Tele seafoam green
DMZ 6000G from Bob Corson
buncha others from mints to mutts
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastard childs:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

RoidRage
Kramer Maniac

Post by RoidRage » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Here’s it stringed up. Heck of a mutt, and I am kinda in love with this mutt now. Only thing is the volume knob in my way :/

Kramers
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Kramers » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:33 am

The headstock and pickguard really compliment each other. I think it has a great look. Tons of character. Super cool! :thumbs

You might want to consider the Fullcrib Mod. Basically, sacrifice one tone, move the volume, and plug the first hole with one of them fancy plug things. If you're lucky the legend himself may even post an example or give a thumbs up. Though he's probably wrestling alligators out of the pool right now. It's getting close to dinner.
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)