Rare DOT stagemaster

Discussion about Kramer Guitars on eBay, Craigslist, and online. Fake or Rare, you will see them here.
Kramerman65
Kramer Maniac

Re: Rare DOT stagemaster

Post by Kramerman65 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm

Gary Hammond has like 5 or 6 of these dot Stagey's, including the Sea Foam one. I don't think he's on this forum. Too bad cuz he's got some sweet Stagey's. I believe most are for sale based on a couple posts I've seen lately.

geetar10
Kramer Kommander

Post by geetar10 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:13 am

I sold Gary the Deluxe I, I sent up to Nashville to be digitized for the SM-1 line. Good guy.
Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

lonewolfsx
Kramer Kommander

Post by lonewolfsx » Tue May 17, 2022 11:26 am

Kramerman65 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm Gary Hammond has like 5 or 6 of these dot Stagey's, including the Sea Foam one. I don't think he's on this forum. Too bad cuz he's got some sweet Stagey's. I believe most are for sale based on a couple posts I've seen lately.
I have him on facebook, thanks for the heads up. Doesn't hurt to ask him. I'd love to get my hands on one, been looking for a long time and never see them
Always looking for maple pointies, especially bound headstocks.
My huge collection here:
https://totallyradguitars.com/kramer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3nawb ... _-A0TcFOZw

geetar10
Kramer Kommander

Post by geetar10 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:17 pm

Oops.

Kramerican
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kramerican » Wed May 18, 2022 1:50 pm

I have a weakness for seafoam green guitars...I'd hit that...dots or not! :headbang

geetar10
Kramer Kommander

Post by geetar10 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:49 pm

Thanks Bill! Not an original color but I did buy it new in '86!! :toast

Marco
Kramer Maniac

Post by Marco » Thu May 19, 2022 8:27 am

Man, that is so beautiful.

Tavo7782
Kramer Maniac

Post by Tavo7782 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 pm

Just came in. Meh. A lot more ware than I anticipated. Looks like someone just robbed all the good stuff from it and threw cheap ass parts on it. The worse part is they drilled out the barrel jack for a football jack, which I cant stand. A few Finish cracks, then a slight body crack seen in photos around the tone pot. The jackson post were jest sitting inside the original post screw holes with no stud. So it warped the treble side a little but so far it looks like its good enough to hold the original post screws straight. The trem route has not been tampered with outside of some kind of black paint. I have most of the parts to at least get it back in good order. I dont if I want to bother with it.
Lightning Swan
Baretta II dinky Snakeskin
Baretta I Pyramid Eye Graphic
Baretta II dinky FF White
Stagey Standard I FF Red
Stagey Custom I Electric Blue
Condor Graphic
89 Imperial Holo’d
Proaxe Standard Sparkle Black
Sustainer Reverse Claw FF Red
PCII Maple board Magenta
A few others that rotate

Bacon
Kramer Maniac

Post by Bacon » Fri May 27, 2022 1:06 pm

Tavo7782 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 pm Just came in. Meh. A lot more ware than I anticipated. Looks like someone just robbed all the good stuff from it and threw cheap ass parts on it. The worse part is they drilled out the barrel jack for a football jack, which I cant stand. A few Finish cracks, then a slight body crack seen in photos around the tone pot. The jackson post were jest sitting inside the original post screw holes with no stud. So it warped the treble side a little but so far it looks like its good enough to hold the original post screws straight. The trem route has not been tampered with outside of some kind of black paint. I have most of the parts to at least get it back in good order. I dont if I want to bother with it.
Pm some pics of you want to move it….

AAEA
Kramer Kingpin

Post by AAEA » Fri May 27, 2022 2:25 pm

when I saw it first I thought it was "good bones"...

I knew whoever nabbed it was gonna have to do the full on swap to bring it back but then thats what Kramer people do lol.

For the rare factor it is def cool, the fact it got harvested lightweight is not so cool.

I think whoever really wants to undertake the resto needs to be a person who is specifically looking to add that type of stagy to their collection.

to me its one of those short lived models. sure there might be a few others in better shape but are you going to give the owners of one of those 3-4k ??? prob not.

The dot stagy is around the same rarity as the swap board lumi necks, the 24 fret pacers, the tilt bridge imp.
it was production model, no a proto but they did not make many.
I own kramers :mrgreen