FS/FT Baretta C-Plate

Buy | Sell | Trade Musical Gear
espvh
Kramer Maniac

Re: FS/FT Baretta C-Plate

Post by espvh » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:38 pm

Kramers wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:09 pm Bro...

To determine market value, look at what other highly molested '84 barettas have recently SOLD for and your value will be within those figures.

You can't just pick a more desirable year guitar in better condition with an obnoxiously unrealistic price just because the price is high and it appeals to your greed lol. The market doesn't work out that way. List prices mean nothing, obviously. One could list a piece of cheese for $20million, but that doesn't reflect that actual market value of cheese. :poke

Now that you know how to appraise your guitar, stop being ridiculous. $35k is already ridiculous for a grail, and you don't even have a grail. Just stop. Name your price (like you were asked) and stop trolling. :bs
Umm "Bro", not comparing it to mine, just put it on here, that's all, already know what's it's worth, as was stated in an earlier post......

espvh
Kramer Maniac

Post by espvh » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:40 pm

menace wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:35 pm Looks like our boy has a new seller name.

To the Op.....even if you offer full price, you will not buy that guitar.

Known ebay phisher.
Not interested in that guitar, just put it here for discussion, didn't know you guys knew him.

espvh
Kramer Maniac

Post by espvh » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:42 pm

SWANTECH wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 pm Well. Sorry to say. That pro doesn't know how to intonate a bridge if those pic's are current. The saddles are not any where near in the correct positions to be intonated to standard tuning, Drop D tuning, or Down a 1/2 step.
It is just physics. String mass + scale length + note pitch = intonation. This is why I can tell visually when a saddle or saddles are out of place. That and I have set up thousands of guitars.

Take 2 brand new guitars set up by 2 completely different companies. Let's say Jackson/Fender and Suhr guitars. Same scale length, same string gauge, same tuning. The saddles will be located in the same exact place. The math is the math. This is NOT debatable. Look up pic's from Sweetwater.

Place your saddles like this pic for standard tuning, and you will be extremely close to intonated. You may have to fine tune a millimeter or so, depending on your action, and the pressure you used fretting a note. Floyd Rose makes a tool for this. Your guitar will sound unbelievably better because you guitar will be in tune, and chords will be better in tune.

The High E string should be about 1/8 away from the front edge of the FR base plate. The rest of the saddles should also be approximately 1/8 of an inch behind each other with exception to the D sting, it goes forward about 1/8 of an inch. This will get you extremely close.
Here are different guitars I have owned. Any small variation may be due to string gauge. These are old pic's, I don't remember what I put on them. Usually 9 gauge strings though.
Intonation is set by tuning, not by sight.

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:51 pm

[/quote]

Intonation is set by tuning, not by sight.
[/quote]

When you have set up thousands of guitars like me, for decades. As an authorized warranty repair tech for dozens of guitar manufactures. I know for a fact I can eye ball intonation pretty freaking good. Then I use a great tuner to double check. Like I said. This is a really close ball park. I would say some days I can nail 5 out of 6 strings within a few cents.
I would bet a million dollars your guitar is not intonated.
Use a good tuner, FRET the 12 fret note, while it is in the playing position, with the correct pickup height, and a fresh string, and you will know I am 100% correct.

IN FACT.
Even the guitar manufactures use templates to set the saddles in the bridge in the closest proximity to being intonated to save time in the process.
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle Blue
88 Nigthswan Bolt/Ugly Duckling rescue project
19 Nightswan Polka Dot reissue
86 Classic III Tele Cream
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
89 Sustainer Holo
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's Spector SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Monsters of Rock Baretta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic
91 Baretta 3 Black Cherry
88 EE Pro 1 White/Rainbow
89 Grace C1 Flip Flop Something
01 Music Yo Imperial/Explorer
89 Baretta 2 Flip Flop Red FS

Kramers
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kramers » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:46 pm

espvh wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:38 pm Umm "Bro", not comparing it to mine, just put it on here, that's all, already know what's it's worth, as was stated in an earlier post......