FS/FT Baretta C-Plate

Buy | Sell | Trade Musical Gear
espvh
Kramer Maniac

Re: FS/FT Baretta C-Plate

Post by espvh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:32 pm

SWANTECH wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:10 pm
No pickup ring, no truss rod cover, no cavity cover, turned down $1500.
[/quote]
Welcome.
A friendly word of advice.
I buy a lot of vintage Kramer's and have bought probably 7 or 8 84/85 Baretta's in the past 2 years. I loose count. I have also sold dozens of vintage Kramer's in that time.
I would take the offer you got of $1,500.00.
Honestly the condition of your guitar is poor in my opinion. I would only pay about $700.00 to $800.00 for it. If it was fixed up a little maybe you could get $1000.00.
The prices for these vintage Kramer's are dropping at the moment. If you look up prior Baretta's sales on Reverb you will see better condition Baretta's that have sold for less than what someone offered you.
The rules of the Forum are to encourage participation and hopefully you decide to join us. It would be kind of dumb to have a forum if all anyone did was advertise gear for sale.
Good luck, I wish you the best.
[/quote]

I understand what your saying but I think $700 is way off, was offered $1500, pm'd not to go below $2k, and there is a perfect one on Reverb for $4k (link)......& I thought C-plate was 83/84, and not 84/85 like you stated.

https://reverb.com/item/46381489-kramer ... ot-reissue
Last edited by espvh on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

espvh
Kramer Maniac

Post by espvh » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:41 pm

charvey712 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:21 pm How much would you have to pay for that Les Paul you’re wanting? Maybe put that number as your asking price.
There are a few, like this one, on Reverb for low to mid $2k:

https://reverb.com/item/44201292-gibson ... 6-wine-red

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:55 pm

I have never seen a Baretta of that era late 83-85, in poor condition sell for $2K.
The one list for $4K is beyond unrealistic and will never sell for that. The buyer most likely knows that and would accept much less.
You can list it for what ever you like. Just letting you know that only sold listings are an accurate way to determine current market prices.
I look at them every day.
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle Blue
88 Nigthswan Bolt/Ugly Duckling rescue project
19 Nightswan Polka Dot reissue
86 Classic III Tele Cream
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
89 Sustainer Holo
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's Spector SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Monsters of Rock Baretta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic
91 Baretta 3 Black Cherry
88 EE Pro 1 White/Rainbow
89 Grace C1 Flip Flop Something
01 Music Yo Imperial/Explorer
89 Baretta 2 Flip Flop Red FS

Pcruis1
Kramer Kommander

Post by Pcruis1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 pm

I paid around 2200 for my baretta custom. Frankly, overpaid. I love your baretta but it is not on par with a LP custom. Plus, most glam rock guys (not me) like relatively clean guitars. I could care less, but just giving you heads up because that's your audience.
Let me add: we're all cheap bastards. So getting top dollar on this forum is not going to happen.
:whistle

menace
KF ADMIN

Post by menace » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Just so you know....the OLD regime used to require someone to make 25 posts to even LIST something for sale.

I hardly think asking someone to put a price on something they want to sell as being an asshole- but hey what do I know.

Every other outlet I know requires at least a price (Marketplace, eBay, Reverb) in order to market your goods.

You have had the guitar for 34 years. I would be more interested in hearing some back story on an instrument of that age.

That's why I keep this place running. :rant
Where are we going.....and why am I in this hand-basket?

Pcruis1
Kramer Kommander

Post by Pcruis1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:45 pm

menace wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:36 pm Just so you know....the OLD regime used to require someone to make 25 posts to even LIST something for sale.

I hardly think asking someone to put a price on something they want to sell as being an asshole- but hey what do I know.

Every other outlet I know requires at least a price (Marketplace, eBay, Reverb) in order to market your goods.

You have had the guitar for 34 years. I would be more interested in hearing some back story on an instrument of that age.

That's why I keep this place running. :rant
:toast

Takemebackto84
Kramer Maniac

Post by Takemebackto84 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:25 pm

It sounds like the guitar is offers above $2,000

Guitar needs patching up a little if you can get a pickup cover / truss cover / remove the sticker and of any of the paintwork is repairable do that.

Personally I like the played look. Shame you don’t have the original Schaller ring - it’s the double screw ring that’s needed.

Price wise there aren’t too many of the white ones popping up - Reverb is worth a try to widen your catch - think you can set a lowest amount for offer consideration too.
1984 Baretta - White - C Plate
1984/85 Baretta - Black - D Plate
1985 Baretta - Cream - D Plate
1985 Baretta - Black - Custom Plate
1988 Baretta I - Cream w. maple fretboard
1992 EBMM EVH Signature Model - Trans Red
1996 Peavey EVH Wolfgang 'Patent Pending' Standard - Black
1997 EBMM Luke I - Pearl Blue
2012 Suhr Modern Koa - Reb Beach Spec
Yamaha Pacifica 1611 Mike Stern Signature

Hit me up if you have a Ripley to sell :thumbs

Dirty D
Kramer Kommander

Post by Dirty D » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:21 pm

needs patching up a little if you can get a pickup cover / truss cover / remove the sticker...
Here are the extras you need. This is new old stock from the 80s - even the screws are correct new old stock from an original Kramer/Floyd Rose tech's repair kit.

I would like to trade for a low mileage Toyota FJ, but it's got to be 2012-2014 range with the backup camera, as the rear visibility on those suckers is terrible!

Just fukin' with you man. $45 for both, plus shipping from 94608. You'll recoup that amount (or more) when you eventually sell that thing, as it resolves two of the biggest eye-sore problems that you've got going on there.
First impressions are important.

Stop!!. ...wait a minute!

Classic II red Tele
a few other sweet ones!!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

Pcruis1
Kramer Kommander

Post by Pcruis1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am

Dirty D wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:21 pm
needs patching up a little if you can get a pickup cover / truss cover / remove the sticker...
Here are the extras you need. This is new old stock from the 80s - even the screws are correct new old stock from an original Kramer/Floyd Rose tech's repair kit.
$45 for both, plus shipping from 94608. You'll recoup that amount (or more) when you eventually sell that thing, as it resolves two of the biggest eye-sore problems that you've got going on there.
First impressions are important.

Bingo! I'd also consider ditching the sticker and the futone brass block. Then you have a winner! I personally love the worn look.

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:41 pm

I agree with previous comments.
If you want top dollar. What ever that may be? You might have to put some money and a little time into it. A setup would also be a good idea.
Most buyer's looking for gear in the price range you want are going to notice those details. So making it look and play as good as it can is in your best interest. People are just going to pay more if the guitar is in good condition and less if it is not.

The history of the guitar is another added benefit. Any info you share about the guitar and it's history will help sell it. A lot of good pic's, and honest description will also help you sell it faster. Avoid the used car sales pitches. Plays like butter, Grail, EVH, and other greasy sounding BS. Just state the condition honestly, personal history you have had with it, and present it as good as possible. This is how you can get top dollar, whatever that currently is.

I just bought one like yours. A 1984 Kramer Baretta C plate, early tilt banana. The one I bought looks to be in better condition wear wise, but was modded with a neck pickup and tone control. Only a few bad pictures were taken, and it wasn't presented well at all. The mod's also hurt the interest in the guitar because the parts were all mismatched. The result was that no one bid on it. Not even at $700.00 starting price. It was listed 2 times with very little interest. I ended up getting it for $550.00. The guitar is worth much more than that in parts alone.

I have noticed a slow down in guitar sales lately. This could just be the normal pre holiday slump. In my honest advise would be to take the offer you had at $1,500.00 as is, as fast as possible. It is just my opinion that your guitar in it's current condition is not worth that. BUT. If you have a buyer that is willing to pay you that. Take the money and RUN! Just my experienced opinion. My critique of your guitar is meant to be honest, and to help you. I am not in any way trying to insult you or your gear. It is your guitar. It is a nice guitar. You can list it for what ever price you want because it is your guitar. I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated. I would like to know what you end up selling it for and how long it took you to sell it.
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle Blue
88 Nigthswan Bolt/Ugly Duckling rescue project
19 Nightswan Polka Dot reissue
86 Classic III Tele Cream
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
89 Sustainer Holo
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's Spector SSD Blackhawk