Kramer Maniac

Re: whole lotta parts

Post by Sirion » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Any news on this? :)
Great trades with: bacon

appeml

Post by appeml » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:19 pm

I am looking for the Shadow piezo pickup saddle from the Kramer Ferrington if you have that available.

Adam098

Post by Adam098 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:58 am

Well I’m new to the Kramer forum. But have been associated with one specific Kramer ferrington my whole life it was my fathers guitar and the first instrument I laid eyes on it’s in horrible shape and I would like to repair at least the electronics. It’s missing the preamp set up(turn pot style.). Pickup has been snipped and battery holder is gone as well please let me know. If you can track down those parts. My dads been gone since 2008 from lung cancer and it’s my most prised possession id really like to breath life back into.this special instrument

AAEA
Kramer Kingpin

Post by AAEA » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:21 pm

Adam098 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:58 am Well I’m new to the Kramer forum. But have been associated with one specific Kramer ferrington my whole life it was my fathers guitar and the first instrument I laid eyes on it’s in horrible shape and I would like to repair at least the electronics. It’s missing the preamp set up(turn pot style.). Pickup has been snipped and battery holder is gone as well please let me know. If you can track down those parts. My dads been gone since 2008 from lung cancer and it’s my most prised possession id really like to breath life back into.this special instrument
everytime I get the ferrington parts in they fly out as soon as i list them.
I own kramers :mrgreen

Adam098

Post by Adam098 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 pm

Looks like its down to me. Making a preamp myself. It’s been a nearly impossible feat for me to
Track it down

Dirty D
Kramer Kommander

Post by Dirty D » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 am

Not intending to hijack, but I have a topic-related question:

I have a red Ferrington that I love. It's one of the early ones when QC was much better, near mint cosmetically, none of the common belly-bulge, and it plays and sounds better (unplugged, at least) than most typical Ferries.

I need to play some acoustic parts for an upcoming thing, and I figured good opportunity to use it for something other than playing alone on my sofa. So, I plugged it in, and super bummed, the signal is cutting in and out - easily traced to a problem at the jack. Simple (I thought) - I'll just replace the jack, good opportunity to upgrade to a multi-contact jack while I'm at it. So I unscrew the old jack, and there's some type of transistor module built into the jack.
WTF is that thing?

Gonna be super bummed if it's unobtanium, since not too long ago I sold a guy a complete set of Ferrington guts for not much money - figured I didn't need a spare.

Stop!!. ...wait a minute!

Classic II red Tele
a few other sweet ones!!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year