always wanted one.

Discussion about Kool Guitars by other manufactures
AAEA
Kramer Kommander

Re: always wanted one.

Post by AAEA » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm

its getting delivered on monday so i'll know all the details soon. hope the truss rod cover is in the case.

it sorta reminds me of the gibson les pauls called the "spotlight" with the way the top is.
I own kramers :mrgreen

darrend
Kramer Maniac

Post by darrend » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Great can't wait to see more pics.

gtrjunior
Kramer Maniac

always wanted one.

Post by gtrjunior » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Wow! I haven’t seen one of those in a LONG time. That’s friggin sweet. The Stephens (is that what it is called?) cutaway looks amazing!!

PacerMedic
Kramer Maniac

Post by PacerMedic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:44 pm

Not a huge fan of Washburn, but that's an exceptional guitar! Very nice score!

There's no "Team" in F@Ck YOU!!!!

AAEA
Kramer Kommander

Post by AAEA » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:54 pm

so the original bridge these came with was total shit and the one that is on here now is a ghetto ibanez one.

any info on a suitable swap unit? it looks like a different post placement than the floyd rose posts placement.

pickups and onboard electronics are original but not exactly stellar stuff. might swap the entire guts out for a Bartolini pickups and preamp system.

pretty much start with the body/neck and take all the trash off and replace with quality gear. lol

darrend
Kramer Maniac

Post by darrend » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

Indeed they didn't come with the Duncan/Floyd greatness of Kramers. They had early Takeuchi hardware.

What's the serial # (on headstock)?

Earlier ones came with a Takeuchi 600T and weren't swappable for a Floyd.

Later ones came with 600S or 800S, those Floydable.

Pickups were supposedly made by some U.K. company and called "Reflex" active pickups...never confirmed this though. Could be wrong. One of the pots are coil-tap, there's a mid-boost. Strange pickups - different than EMGs. Love/hate em kind of deal.

AAEA
Kramer Kommander

Post by AAEA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 pm

The pickups sorta sound like a flat tire, i used 2 different brand 9v to confirm they were not the cause. they just do not have the impact of contemporary active systems.

there are a lot of active pickups now and I'm looking now for what I'll put in there. EMG does have some good stuff, i do like their tone.

Hunter008
Kramer Kommander

Post by Hunter008 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Damn nice!!!
"I don't ask for much. The truth will do just fine. Won't you lay it on the line?"

madchester_monkey
Kramer Maniac

Post by madchester_monkey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:53 pm

I think the Gotoh trem will swap right in, If you can find a Takeuchi they are pretty solid units, I have one on a Jackson and one on a Washburn, I modded to Washburn one to take a collar Floyd arm but otherwise its good

AAEA
Kramer Kommander

Post by AAEA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 pm

going to be parting out 3 guitars, going to test fit a floyd on it and see. hoping a regular floyd can just swap across. might consider a floyd pro if the floyd fits.

thinking going full boss it out. floyd, schaller tuners, new pickups and active system. right now i'm considering bartolini, EMG, Symour Duncan.

I've had seymour duncan black outs in a gibson les paul custom classic. it was pretty cool but they would eat 9v batteries lol. j

ust about everyone played "EMG" pickups but the majority of the active pickup systems are sorta crap and all sound the same... whatever you install them in sounds like the pickup.

the early EMG pickups were way way different. If you've ever played a real steinberger they used to have the real EMGs in them and whatever came after just wasn't that. I would consider getting one of those systems with possibly one of the modern day boost circuits.

I've not actually played Bartolini pickups before. but what I hear is that they are more of a neutral tone pickup, not exactly setup for boosted rock or metal lead tones. but i could be wrong. would love to hear if anyone has experience with them.