Let's see them mullets!

Discussion about non Kramer related topics
geetar10
Kramer Maniac

Let's see them mullets!

Post by geetar10 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am

Other thread got me laughing. I had the full perm in LA in the late 80's. Let's not go there. You had to have your balls screwed on tight to sit in a "salon" with rods in your hair. Again...WTF? Everyone looked the same out there, guys and gals. Woof. Eased into the mullet for a few months then, whack, back to normal. Let's see 'em. If you were a teen in the 80's you know you had 'em. Almost 30 years ago, here....old college ID....WTF were we thinkin'. :roll

Get it back to good.

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Re: Let's see them mullets!

Post by _xxx_ » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Never had one, in the 80's we viewed it as a redneck thing and thus it was a no-go even then.

geetar10
Kramer Maniac

Post by geetar10 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm

You're such a downer, Serj. Maybe Germany was different. We went through hell. :thumbs :alien

I was no redneck. Owned a house and a few sports cars. Played on the strip. Now, if you're rockin' it, yeah you're in trouble.
Get it back to good.

marsmountain
Kramer Maniac

Post by marsmountain » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 pm

It’s still 1989 in and on my head. Motley Crue hair. :thumbs
1987 Kramer Baretta II
Kramer Ferrington Tele
Kramer Baretta Special (Floyd Mod)
Kramer D-212S Acoustic Electric
"Kramer" Mick Mars GGG Tele (MarsMountain)
"Kramer" Mick Mars Mirror Top Tele (MarsMountain)
"Kramer" Firebird (MarsMountain)
"Kramer" Flying V - N2 (MarsMountain)

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Post by _xxx_ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:09 am

geetar10 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm
You're such a downer, Serj. Maybe Germany was different. We went through hell. :thumbs :alien
Nah, it was even worse in Europe I think - even people from the folk/country music scene had mullets. You know, those guys with too short carrot-cut trousers paired with brown moccasins and fugly glitter jackets and such. That's why I hated it.

And then I got lucky to start a Death Metal band just as Morbid Angel came out, so we emulated that David Vincent kinda look - full length front and back.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 am

geetar10 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm
Maybe Germany was different.
Nope Ken, it was very similar here. I remember me going completely Miami Vice in 1984/5 look-wise. Fortunately that only lasted until 1986/7 where I found out that silk shirts, torn blue jeans and cowboy boots make for a much cooler look. And yes, there was a very short period where I sported a mullet myself, I confess. Before I grew everything completely out to the same length for a time. Of all the fashions I went through in my life the Mullet-Period is the only one that I really regret.

But1: Since the webz won´t ever forget what is once there I´ll be damned if I ever post a pic of myself of this period :roll .

But2: Sergej is completely right that mullets only ruled a very short period of time in Europe and where then considered "redneck" hairdos (for obvious reasons) - you can still find mullets in Germany/Europe nowadays in certain shall we call it "circles" :jump .
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

LhKramerLunatic
Kramer Kommander

Post by LhKramerLunatic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Grew up in AZ in the 80s,i always had my hair long one length like early ozzy,straight to middle of back and bangs down to chest area,but i seen plenty of mullets back then too,never got to play the strip,but we played lots of outdoors and indoor places/halls. :toast
1988 Lefty baretta 1
2017 FSR MIM Standard Strat

Pcruis1
Kramer Maniac

Post by Pcruis1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

This is my kind of thread! Bring on the mullets!
1981 Pacer Strat Head White
1981 Pacer Strat Head Walnut
1981 Pacer Strat Head Graphic
1981 Pacer Strat Head Sunburst
1982 Pacer Graphic Beak
83/86 Mutt Pacer - TransRed Beak
1984 Pacer Candy Red Hockey

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Thankfully, no pics exist, that i am aware, of my mullet..... vomit
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Sid Saylor
Kramer Maniac

Post by Sid Saylor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:57 pm

geetar10 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am
Other thread got me laughing. I had the full perm in LA in the late 80's. Let's not go there. You had to have your balls screwed on tight to sit in a "salon" with rods in your hair. Again...WTF? Everyone looked the same out there, guys and gals. Woof. Eased into the mullet for a few months then, whack, back to normal. Let's see 'em. If you were a teen in the 80's you know you had 'em. Almost 30 years ago, here....old college ID....WTF were we thinkin'. :roll

Cool thread :thumbs

You looked like you should have been breaking faces in the NHL.

I need to dig out my bigger pic I posted in the other thread and scan it. I also have another more questionable mullet pic from the early-mid 90's, then I'll post them. Back in the day 80's- early 90's it seemed everyone had a mullet of some sort. Rock & Metal bands, movie/TV action heros, sports stars, you name it.

09' Gary Kramer - Custom (vintage white)
08' Schecter - Damien Special FR (trans red quilt w/GFS-VEH's)