Canadian f3000 re-incarnation

Discussions and pictures of Kramers that are brought back from the disaster area.
Kamanda
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kamanda » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Doc - Thanks for the info. I actually contacted the guy who did that first video awhile back...sadly he was out of the guitar game due to his health condition. I ended up ordering one from ebay, I realize the quality wont be great but if it fits it will at least allow me to use the damn thing until I can get it in for a more permanent repair in the future.

9am53 - Looking great!

Dirty D
Kramer Maniac

Post by Dirty D » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:52 pm

:thumbs
SO many projects, so little time!

Classic II red Tele
a few other sweet ones!!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:09 am

Here is the body now. I have 2 coats of Duplicolor clear effect on it which give it a really nice pearly sparkle. I’m going to do 2 more sparkle coats and then a can or 2 worth of clear, then buff and polish.

It may not be long, but it sure is skinny!

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:11 am

As you can see I didn’t further curve the heel on the guitar as my giant hands find it really comfortable now as it is. Much better than the giant square black that was there before.

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 am

So I dont have any pictures of last nights progress but I put 2 more coats of the glimmer on and it looks sick, very plesed with the white and glitter combo. I got my fretboard in the mail last night. I used aluminum rivet spikes as my pins got it all lined up, took it apart and put it back together to double check and realized I was out lol. I redid everything and got it perfect on the second try. I cut my nut shelf to size and drilled my holes for the nut. tonight I am going to take it all apart and put it back together again to make sure before I glue. There is a little half inch portion of the neck where the neck and fretboard dont perfectly meet, I must have chipped it a bit when removing the old fretboard. I am going to see if wood filler takes analine dyes...if so I am going to simply fill it with my regular wood filler. Once that is done I will cut it to shape on a bandsaw and start making my radius block...fun fun fun. The wood is really stunning, cant wait to show you all!

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Here’s my little video showing how I made my 10” sanding block in 5 minutes

kremark
Kramer Maniac

Post by kremark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Looking forward to see this beast coming alive. Great job so far.
Did I get that right that you have 2 flat surfaces to mate when you glue and clamp the finger board in place?
I don't usually find a use for this smiley :flipa , but I like so there you have it.
Steve B.

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Two things, I just realized my sanding block is 5” radius :bang

Yeah, the new fretboard is flat and the old neck was flat as well. There was a tiny little chip in the neck that I will fill with wood filler. I am dying it all black anyways, and the filler does roamed dye (I checked today)

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Says video has been removed by user.
scratch_head
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

kremark
Kramer Maniac

Post by kremark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 pm

9am53 wrote:Two things, I just realized my sanding block is 5” radius :bang

Yeah, the new fretboard is flat and the old neck was flat as well. There was a tiny little chip in the neck that I will fill with wood filler. I am dying it all black anyways, and the filler does roamed dye (I checked today)
I can easily see myself making the very same error. I guess a 10" table saw blade really equates to a 5" radius. At least you caught it. I just picked one of the appropriate radius blocks from an ebayer....or there's always stew mac or crimson guitars if not from a good Canadian supplier.
I don't usually find a use for this smiley :flipa , but I like so there you have it.
Steve B.