'87 Pacer Deluxe

Discussion about wooden neck Kramer guitars made in the USA and American Series.
Kramerman65
Kramer Maniac

Re: '87 Pacer Deluxe

Post by Kramerman65 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Great looking Deluxe. 100% FF Pink.
I own 3 FF Pink Kramers.

Kramers
Kramer Kommander

Post by Kramers » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:32 pm

Kramerman65 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 pm Great looking Deluxe. 100% FF Pink.
I own 3 FF Pink Kramers.
Thank you sir, please share!! :toast

...only 5 months later
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

lonewolfsx
Kramer Kommander

Post by lonewolfsx » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:37 am

^ Sorry to go against the grain here but that looks FF Red to me. (also, sorry I'm months late)

I posted a comparison picture a long while back. The one in the original post looks like the FF red to me, but the OP could look at the guitar and probably tell better than we can from a picture from one angle. Sometimes you have to hold them and turn it in your hands to really tell.

FF Red on the left:

FF Red on the right:

FF Red Closeup:

FF Pink Closeup:

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 am

Defo more red than pink.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

PacerMedic
Kramer Maniac

Post by PacerMedic » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:34 am

There's no "Team" in F@Ck YOU!!!!

Kramers
Kramer Kommander

Post by Kramers » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:03 pm

lonewolfsx wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:37 am ^ Sorry to go against the grain here but that looks FF Red to me. (also, sorry I'm months late)

I posted a comparison picture a long while back. The one in the original post looks like the FF red to me, but the OP could look at the guitar and probably tell better than we can from a picture from one angle. Sometimes you have to hold them and turn it in your hands to really tell.
You're good! I always appreciate discerning opinions!

In person it's nearly a dead ringer for your FF Pink Deluxe, maybe even a tad lighter, and the paint flecks match upon close inspection which put the nail in the coffin for me for the red theory. Conversely it really never looks nearly as red as your claw deluxe like my other FF's do. Excellent comparison thread! You really took any mystery out of the equation for me. :yourock

lonewolfsx
Kramer Kommander

Post by lonewolfsx » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 am

Kramers wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:03 pm You're good! I always appreciate discerning opinions!

In person it's nearly a dead ringer for your FF Pink Deluxe, maybe even a tad lighter, and the paint flecks match upon close inspection which put the nail in the coffin for me for the red theory. Conversely it really never looks nearly as red as your claw deluxe like my other FF's do. Excellent comparison thread! You really took any mystery out of the equation for me. :yourock
Rock on! The fact of the matter is that we can't really tell since we're not holding the guitar in our hands and one picture is never enough to really tell. In fact, I can't seem to find it anymore, but I did another example where I took pictures of the same exact guitar but in different light - one with my overhead light, one with window light, one with camera flash etc and every picture it looked like a totally different color!
(mostly caused by camera's auto white balance, which pans between more "yellow" and "blue" but also tint which is "green" to "magenta" - you can imagine why if the camera's auto settings decide the image needs more magenta or blue it would skew the pictures to look less like real life!)

PacerMedic
Kramer Maniac

Post by PacerMedic » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:30 am

It was a mistake on Kramer part to do two colors so close that the flakes make the tones overlap. Hell, you can make that difference up just by varying the amount of flake in the paint. Would’ve been better to do a green or purple with the FF flake. We definitely wouldn’t be having this debate 40 years later!
There's no "Team" in F@Ck YOU!!!!

timcole421
Kramer Maniac

Post by timcole421 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:28 am

I love this color so much! Identical to the F3000 I had back in highschool except I had rosewood. I am search of another, so if a 3000 or deluxe in this color for the nostalgia (and be my number one). Please keep me in mind if any of you considered moving one.

Kramers
Kramer Kommander

Post by Kramers » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:49 pm

They really do seem a bit too close.
lonewolfsx wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 amI did another example where I took pictures of the same exact guitar but in different light - one with my overhead light, one with window light, one with camera flash etc and every picture it looked like a totally different color!
(mostly caused by camera's auto white balance, which pans between more "yellow" and "blue" but also tint which is "green" to "magenta" - you can imagine why if the camera's auto settings decide the image needs more magenta or blue it would skew the pictures to look less like real life!)
That would be super cool to see you recreate that with red, pink, and blue all together!! No pressure! :evil

That all seems to make sense though. Champagne can get a bit funky too.

timcole421 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:28 am I love this color so much! Identical to the F3000 I had back in highschool except I had rosewood. I am search of another, so if a 3000 or deluxe in this color for the nostalgia (and be my number one). Please keep me in mind if any of you considered moving one.
:toast Probably more luck with lonewolf than here, but will do. They're definitely out there though, keep your eyes pealed! Good luck with the search!