81 Pioneer Pawnshop Special

Discussions and pictures of Kramers that are brought back from the disaster area.
Kramers
Kramer Kommander

Re: 81 Pioneer Pawnshop Special

Post by Kramers » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:50 pm

Great job! That's a sweet bass!
Dirty D wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:32 pm
Maybe all the psychedelics in the 90s
Non-sequiter, but that shit is all about to explode and legalization is on the horizon. Landmark recent tightly-controlled large-scale study in New England Journal of Medicine showed psilocybin significantly reduced relapse rates in chronic alcoholics. My buddies in Portland are running studies seeing psilocybin have similar positive effects with treatment-resistant PTSD in combat veterans. Other studies are looking at MDMA aka ecstasy, as well as 5meoDMT aka Sonoran toad venom aka "bufo." And ketamine is already proven and now being readily prescribed by doctors employed by the Dept of Defense.

When it's a bunch of hippies in tie dye shirts, that's a non-starter for research funding. But when it's showing dramatic therapeutic gains in Navy Seals and the studies are being endorsed by mucky-mucks in the Pentagon, that's a whole different story.

Now what we're seeing is lots of big-pharma entities trying to jocky for position after seeing the billions that have been made from cannabis legalization. Hopefully big-pharma won't fuck it up. They tried to fight cannabis and lost, and so now they're looking at the situation differently.

Things are about to get really weird.
If not big-pharma, big-business will stomp out the mom-and-pop hippies, not without the help of their crony political partners in securing the limited licensing.

:bs :rant
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

Designbyry
Kramer Maniac

Post by Designbyry » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:44 pm

Kramers wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:50 pm Great job! That's a sweet bass!
Thanks! I was worried, but now I'm starting to think about upgrades and deeper cleaning/polishing since it's starting to smell like a keeper!
If not big-pharma, big-business will stomp out the mom-and-pop hippies, not without the help of their crony political partners in securing the limited licensing.

:bs :rant
Yeah, my state just went full recreational. When we went medical it was a total obvious crony system with licensing. I was surprised to learn that they have set aside a number of licenses now though that require you to have a minimal net worth. I think that was actually part of the bill though that got handily voted in by all us losers.
:bong
If your Guitar goes to 12, your amp only needs to go to 9.

Dirty D
Kramer Kingpin

Post by Dirty D » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:30 pm

After the Niners game, I'll see if I can dig them out and measure the neck radiuses.
No urine is to be - deposited, placed, distributed, sprinkled, poured or spread in this immediate area!

Classic II Tele seafoam
a few other sweet ones!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

Kramers
Kramer Kommander

Post by Kramers » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm

Designbyry wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:44 pmrequire you to have a minimal net worth.
That takes some chutzpah for sure! Crazy... then taxes
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

69 Z-28
Kramer Maniac

Post by 69 Z-28 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Very nice job cleaning her up. looks great. :thumbs

I have one of the what I would call a tobacco Sunburst finish pioneers. I don’t know the exact name of the color. It’s in nice condition. I’ll try to remember to post a picture of it in this thread soon.