Old truss rod cover dimensions

Discussions about Kramer Guitars in general.
bkrownd

Post by bkrownd » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Could somebody post the dimensions of the truss rod covers from the late 80's Kramers with the pointy headstocks? I'm looking at customized truss rod covers intended for these guitars, to spice up my newer model guitar. I can't find the dimensions of those old covers and I'm wondering whether they'd be an adequate (not exact) fit for my Nite-V. I'd like to know width at the base (widest point) and distance from the wide end of the cover to the screw hole at the top of the cover.

And, hello, I'm new here. :toast If I ever learn to play well enough to sound musical perhaps some day I'll be shopping for a vintage Kramer. ;)

LhKramerLunatic
Kramer Kommander

Post by LhKramerLunatic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

bkrownd wrote:Could somebody post the dimensions of the truss rod covers from the late 80's Kramers with the pointy headstocks? I'm looking at customized truss rod covers intended for these guitars, to spice up my newer model guitar. I can't find the dimensions of those old covers and I'm wondering whether they'd be an adequate (not exact) fit for my Nite-V. I'd like to know width at the base (widest point) and distance from the wide end of the cover to the screw hole at the top of the cover.

And, hello, I'm new here. :toast If I ever learn to play well enough to sound musical perhaps some day I'll be shopping for a vintage Kramer. ;)

Hello and welcome!!

i just mesured my 86 kamer pacer truss rod cover its 1' x 1 1/2 to the screw hole and 1 3/4 overall

good luck man
1988 Lefty baretta 1
1987 Lefty Baretta 2 project
2013 Lefty Shecter Banshee
1992 Lefty Ibanez 170L

menace
KF ADMIN

Post by menace » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm

If I ever learn to play well enough to sound musical perhaps some day I'll be shopping for a vintage Kramer. ;)
dielaughing Hell, That never stopped me.... dielaughing

Welcome to the Kramer Forums!
It's not really hoarding if your shit is cool....

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Welcome aboard! :bananahead
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

bkrownd

Post by bkrownd » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks for the info! :fly

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:45 am

Welcome.
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

bkrownd

Post by bkrownd » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 am

LhKramerLunatic wrote: i just mesured my 86 kamer pacer truss rod cover its 1' x 1 1/2 to the screw hole and 1 3/4 overall

good luck man
The only difference with the Nite-V cover seems to be that it's 1.125" wide at the base. With a little bit of ingenuity I should be able to make the old one-screw style cover work.

LhKramerLunatic
Kramer Kommander

Post by LhKramerLunatic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:58 am

[quote="bkrownd"][quote="LhKramerLunatic"]
i just mesured my 86 kamer pacer truss rod cover its 1' x 1 1/2 to the screw hole and 1 3/4 overall

When u get ur new old one,just put them on top of each other and suss out the difference's and u shld be gold brother....goodluck
1988 Lefty baretta 1
1992 Lefty Ibanez 170L

bkrownd

Post by bkrownd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm

I got the truss rod covers and they are really nice. One is white on black and the other is black on silver. The white parts look dull in the photo, but they are actually bright white. They look duller than they are because I couldn't use flash and the light source was reddish. The silver one is bright shiny silver. I just need to bevel the bottom edges in the reverse direction with a file to fit the Nite-V.

LhKramerLunatic
Kramer Kommander

Post by LhKramerLunatic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 pm

bkrownd wrote:I got the truss rod covers and they are really nice. One is white on black and the other is black on silver. The white parts look dull in the photo, but they are actually bright white. They look duller than they are because I couldn't use flash and the light source was reddish. The silver one is bright shiny silver. I just need to bevel the bottom edges in the reverse direction with a file to fit the Nite-V.

They look pretty nice,like the black pne best
1988 Lefty baretta 1
1992 Lefty Ibanez 170L