Oddity in New Zealand

Discussion about Kramer Guitars on eBay, Craigslist, and online. Fake or Rare, you will see them here.
Sirion
Kramer Maniac

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by Sirion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=151 ... 7CF890882B

Any idea what this is? I would suspect that it is a cheaper model, and the control scheme seems to match a Striker, but (1) the headstock is bound and (2) the neck plate seems to be angled for better access, which would be a very nice touch for a plywood guitar. Any ideas what this is?
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

Great trades with: bacon

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by sixstring » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Don’t think that’s a Kramer body of any sort.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Sirion
Kramer Maniac

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by Sirion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 am

You are probably right. Jolanda neck? I have never seen a bound headstock on the imports…
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by _xxx_ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am

Yeah, looks like a jolana nack. Body may be some asian Charvel model or such, they used to have that kind of neck joint with tilted plate.

Sirion
Kramer Maniac

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by Sirion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 am

I went for it. 280 NZ$ = just over 200 US$, and I think I can recoup most of that money by parting the thing out. (It is a mutt in the first place, and a bad one at that, so I don't want to hear any complaints ;) )

If nothing else, it should be a fun project. The neck is probably going to need some work to fit a Kramer again, though.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

Oddity in New Zealand

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 am

Good deal. Jolana neck plus nondescript body and the proper HW. Have you checked that the import of this baby won‘t kill the bargain?
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs