Focus Classic II ?

Discussion about the identification of Kramer Guitars and Kramer history
VinnRiffer

Focus Classic II ?

Post by VinnRiffer » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:00 pm

Hey all, I’m in the market for a Focus- and a pretty decent one just popped up locally, but I’m wondering if it’s even worth the hour drive to go look at it. It looked a little odd and I couldn’t really place it with the more common Focus models, so when referring to VK for some info, it seems like it’s possibly a Focus Classic II

Its config is the same as the F-3000 but it doesn’t have a pickguard and the Jack is on the bottom side/not on the front. Maple neck, classic headstock- but the logo on the headstock is different than most Focus’s I’ve seen. Chrome neckplate is blank, and no Floyd.
Here’s a snapshot of the headstock/logo…
In just doing a quick search around for that Focus model, I found one other guitar that was exactly the same everything as mentioned above (only difference was in the finish color)

Was wondering if you guys think it could be legit- And if so, were these models pretty decent?

matt3846
Kramer Maniac

Re: Focus Classic II ?

Post by matt3846 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:21 pm

Probably one of these...

NOT an old-school Focus. These were made in the modern Gibson-owned era. Entry level at best.
My biggest gripe against MusicYo/Gibson is that they tarnished the Focus line by making it the lowest tier. :bang

EDIT: I found the listing where your pic came from. It's one of those. There are 3 on Ebay right now. Myself, I'd stay away from those.

VinnRiffer

Re: Focus Classic II ?

Post by VinnRiffer » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:40 pm

matt3846 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:21 pm Probably one of these...

NOT an old-school Focus. These were made in the modern Gibson-owned era. Entry level at best.

EDIT: I found the listing where your pic came from. It's one of those. There are 3 on Ebay right now. Myself, I'd stay away from those.
Yep it looks like that one but I think is missing one of its knobs. It didn’t look quite right to me, but the little paragraph about them on VK had me questioning myself - Had it been an OG Focus, the $200 price tag would have been tempting even tho I’m not a big fan of red guitars haha

Thanks for the heads up on these!