Kramer 600st Striker wiring

Discussions and pictures of Kramers that are brought back from the disaster area.
TommoA

Kramer 600st Striker wiring

Post by TommoA » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:23 pm

Hi. First time in posting anything, so apologies for any incorrect text.
I acquired a really beaten up Striker with the wiring totally ripped out and the pots, switches in a disgusting state. I've stripped out all the electrics and cleaned them and temporarily rewired pickups etc to see if they work, which they do. However I would like to find a wiring diagram so I can do the rewiring properly. There's also a strange little switch that sits in between the pots and pickup 5 way switching selector, which I've no idea what it does, or what wires connect to it. As can probably be read, I'm not experienced in doing anything like this, but would really like to attempt it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kramers
Kramer Kingpin

Re: Kramer 600st Striker wiring

Post by Kramers » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:12 pm

Welcome!

Not sure anyone has a Striker schematic, but if you find the Deluxe wiring diagram on this page, that should get you close:
http://www.kramerforumz.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Note: The wire colors in the diagram are for Seymour Duncans and the 5 way switch may have the lugs in different positions.

In regards to the mini-switch, that was used as a coil tap (series/tap/parallel for the American series) for the bridge pickup. You can connect the series link to one of the outside lugs with the inside lug connected to ground. If that doesn't sound too useful to you, you can always get creative and wire it how you'd like. Maybe a kill switch, maybe adding neck or bridge to the selection, maybe bridge to jack, etc.

Otherwise ebay and reverb may have some pictures of Striker wiring. :thumbs
7-Pointies, 4-Bananas of sorts, 2-Hockey Sticks, 1-Open Book(?)

TommoA

Re: Kramer 600st Striker wiring

Post by TommoA » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 pm

Kramers wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:12 pm Welcome!

Not sure anyone has a Striker schematic, but if you find the Deluxe wiring diagram on this page, that should get you close:
http://www.kramerforumz.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Note: The wire colors in the diagram are for Seymour Duncans and the 5 way switch may have the lugs in different positions.

In regards to the mini-switch, that was used as a coil tap (series/tap/parallel for the American series) for the bridge pickup. You can connect the series link to one of the outside lugs with the inside lug connected to ground. If that doesn't sound too useful to you, you can always get creative and wire it how you'd like. Maybe a kill switch, maybe adding neck or bridge to the selection, maybe bridge to jack, etc.

Otherwise ebay and reverb may have some pictures of Striker wiring. :thumbs
Thank you for the information. I'll have a go. Tommo.