Gotta old striker and an itch

Discussions about Kramer Guitars in general.
msnyder1112

Gotta old striker and an itch

Post by msnyder1112 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:05 pm

Hi. New here. Glad I found this community! Never knew these guitars had this much information!

Went down memory lane with dad and he gifted back my very first guitar that he bought me 30 years ago.
It is a blue striker 100st. Banana headstock, flicker tremolo, humbucker with straight alignment. No serial on the neck plate. Cosmetically the guitar looks great for its ag. Diving deeper, I’ve disassembled it.
The flicker trem is snapped. Not sure how that would even happen.
The humbucker had seen better days… wrapped in electrical tape to stay together I’m assuming
Volume pot is rusty and has no cap.
Nut is missing but lots of residue from an apparent glue-up.
Tuning keys look to be grover maybe? Some are missing, others are mostly missing and one looks to be a hodgepodge of parts.

Both cavity panels are missing.

The neck had some marker on it and the body was dirty. After a nice cleanup and oil, it looks great! Frets feel great, but I will give them a quick steelwool treatment.

I want to get this guitar together with some compatible parts and keep it in the budget range. Unless this is a high dollar guitar, which I doubt.
My biggest concern is the nut. Its cut for a standard strat style 42mm nut.
Would it be worth it to convert to the locking nut system? I’m terrible at shaping bone nuts.
Also does anyone have a recommendation on a decent knock off flicker tremolo?

Tuners and electronics, I wont skimp much on.

RoidRage
Kramer Maniac

Re: Gotta old striker and an itch

Post by RoidRage » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:03 am

Welcome to the forum! Here is how to post pictures :bananahead
viewtopic.php?t=1328

Is this the trem that is currently on the guitar?

msnyder1112

Post by msnyder1112 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:45 am

That is the trem and come to find out it’s not broken! It is two pieces!

kremark
Kramer Kommander

Post by kremark » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:08 pm

Why not try a graphtech nut which you could order very close to the existing nut specs? Then some quality locking tuning machines. Floyd conversion=routing and drilling new post holes and bridge alignment.
I don't usually find a use for this smiley :flipa , but I like so there you have it.
Steve B.