Writing on the Wall

Discussion about the newer Kramer Guitars by the Gibson Guitar Corporation
HowlinWolf
Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by HowlinWolf » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:55 pm

I had a feeling months ago that Gibson might have put the kibosh on Kramer, and now it seems that that's probably true. A Korean online store actually sold a red sm-1 so there must be more than one red sm-1 out there. :roll I have a Pacer Classic, I'd like to get a Baretta Vintage and a Satchel Pacer Vintage someday. If this is the end then so be it, I don't think anyone's world would be crumbling down due to Gibson Kramer no longer making guitars.
:evil Oh my god, look what the cat dragged in... Livin' my life, sin after sin. Night rolls up and I do it again... Oh my god, look what the cat dragged in.

fullspectrum
Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by fullspectrum » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 am

HowlinWolf wrote:I had a feeling months ago that Gibson might have put the kibosh on Kramer, and now it seems that that's probably true. A Korean online store actually sold a red SM-1 so there must be more than one red sm-1 out there. :roll I have a Pacer Classic, I'd like to get a Baretta Vintage and a Satchel Pacer Vintage someday. If this is the end then so be it, I don't think anyone's world would be crumbling down due to Gibson Kramer no longer making guitars.
It does seem like Gibson is going to sell the brand or just hold it and let it die. Satchel is now with Charvel, only one Kramer at NAMM 2017 and it was just a different color and just thrown in with the Epiphones. Dr. Epiphone barely said anything about it like he know there done!

And the website hasn't been updated in 2 years...
Very sad, I always loved Kramers and all the 80's guitars. I sat too long on getting any and now they are practically non existent to buy new here in Toronto! I managed to find two new 85 Baretta's and jumped on them. Sure hope it's not the end but all signs seem to indicate that.

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Writing on the Wall

Post by _xxx_ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:53 am

Frankly, Musicraft made Kramer-copies wipe the floor even with the original 80's ESP-made Kramers. Top-notch work and great woods used, certainly a much better deal than anything from Yo/Gibson. Add the Kramer decal and you'll be fine.

lespauled
Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by lespauled » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Satchel and his Charvel

"Women and music...I'm always amazed at other people's choices" - David Lee Roth

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Writing on the Wall

Post by _xxx_ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Seeing that kitty and the title, I somehow had to think of Tigers of Pan Tang scratch_head

I found that color fugly, but I do understand it's part of their Image.

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Writing on the Wall

Post by sixstring » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Soloist body with strat HS!! vomit
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

80sChris
Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by 80sChris » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Still a Kramer bass there, for what it's worth.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

Writing on the Wall

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am

I really dig the Charvy and the Nugent reference, that is :thumbs .
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by 2112 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Odd that Gibson would spend what money they did promoting the Satchel series, only to fold the name shortly thereafter. I find the whole Steel Panther schtick tiresome. The songs and lyrics suck. The only thing they had going for them was Russ' talent, which is wasted in that band, and I use the term band very loosely.

fullspectrum
Kramer Maniac

Writing on the Wall

Post by fullspectrum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

2112 wrote:Odd that Gibson would spend what money they did promoting the Satchel series, only to fold the name shortly thereafter. I find the whole Steel Panther schtick tiresome. The songs and lyrics suck. The only thing they had going for them was Russ' talent, which is wasted in that band, and I use the term band very loosely.
Yeah I never got into steel Panther because in essence it's poking fun at the whole era of music that I love. When I look back I don't feel the flashy guitars and clothes were cheesy at all. It was was cool and still looks cool to me now...lol.
If they actually tried to be a serious band with the occasional funny song making fun of the hair metal genre I could deal with that but I't just too much for me. Plus they wear wigs don't they? I mean if your bald yeah ok fine..because you have an excuse but if you got the mane just grow it...live for metal..that means hair too if you got it!!! lol... :headbang