New Kramer line

Discussion about the newer Kramer Guitars by the Gibson Guitar Corporation
Craig Johnson
Kramer Maniac

New Kramer line

Post by Craig Johnson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:07 pm

So many other great axes to RI....ProAxe, Liberty... :thumbs[/quote

But look how bad they screwed up the Stagemaster! Plus they had Ken's real one in hand to go by and STILL screwed it up. It's nothing like a real Stagemaster.
1986 Focus 1000 "Spidey"
1984 Pacer Special Custom Paint (Won on the Kramer Forum)
1999 Baretta (Holoflash)
1985 Baretta
1990 Baretta 1 Klein Naked lady reverse bound headstock
Stagemaster Deluxe "Guido"

Sirion
Kramer Maniac

New Kramer line

Post by Sirion » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 pm

And here it is!

I must say, reissuing the Voyager is a daring move. It has never struck me as being one of the most popular models, in fact, when I came into Kramerdom 12 years ago or so, Ed Roman used to have a collection of all sorts of Kramers, now only the "radical" shapes remain. That might not be the best example, but it does strike me that these aren't much talked about.

That being said, let us see what they can do with these! Should they be proper reissues rather than budget garbage, Kramer certainly has my interest. Now, how do we suggest a ProAxe reissue to them?
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

Great trades with: bacon

80sChris
Kramer Maniac

New Kramer line

Post by 80sChris » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Be nice to see some high end halo models made in the US (or Canada or Japan). Try and move away from the budget guitar image (again!).

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

New Kramer line

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 pm

MIA or MIJ would be something to revive the brand shrug .
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

Sirion
Kramer Maniac

New Kramer line

Post by Sirion » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Indeed. At this point it surprises me that they don't just re-invent themselves as a custom shop producing high-quality variants of the old models. After all, most of the Kramer horde today are older men who are at the top of their earnings, wanting to relive the days when they played in a Bulletboys cover band wearing the polka dot spandex pants they "forgot" to return to their ex.
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

Great trades with: bacon

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

New Kramer line

Post by sixstring » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Gibbys lack of interest is :lame
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

New Kramer line

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 am

sixstring wrote:Gibbys lack of interest is :lame
Sad but true.
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

Craig Johnson
Kramer Maniac

New Kramer line

Post by Craig Johnson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am

It's sad that musicyo could do it better than Almighty Gibson. Don't release another "low rent" guitar. I mean hell there are turds flooding the market already. Don't make me show Gibson's ass up by building a guitar that not only plays well, sounds great and has quality components.

They screwed up the Stagemaster for f&+! sake and had an original one in their hand. The Sm-1 plays like shit and is in no way close to a Stagey.

"As long as we make another of the same Les Paul's we've been making for 5 decades we'll be ok. " They should have bought Jay Turser guitars. Same quality as what they're producing now. :rant
1986 Focus 1000 "Spidey"
1984 Pacer Special Custom Paint (Won on the Kramer Forum)
1999 Baretta (Holoflash)
1985 Baretta
1990 Baretta 1 Klein Naked lady reverse bound headstock
Stagemaster Deluxe "Guido"

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

New Kramer line

Post by _xxx_ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:29 am

To be fair, *they* are not producing it, but the same asian sweatshops that are producing cheap Epiphones etc.

What would you want to change about the real US Les Paul and why? shrug Can't do much better there IMO, those will be around in another 100 years just the same. Kramer is way behind in their priority list, especially regarding the projected possible revenue. MusciYo had much less overhead regarding costs, Gibson couldn't offer the same prices. They won't invest much into it just to make a few hundred fans like us happy. Look at the sales numbers of GKG "USA custom shop" for comparison, I dunno if they ever reached 3 digits.

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

New Kramer line

Post by sixstring » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 pm

MusicYo = Gibson. Same.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.