New Baretta I

Discussion about wooden neck Kramer guitars made in the USA and American Series.
Sirion
Kramer Maniac

New Baretta I

Post by Sirion » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:52 am

https://reverb.com/item/7852299-kramer- ... -no-f-5340

This is by no means a pristine specimen, but none of the damages looked too serious, and the price was right today, so I decided to strike on this one. (The headstock split looks harmless, and if worst comes to worst, I have several necks I could use instead.)

I love this shape. What I really like about Kramers is that they seem to sit on the threshold between the old-fashioned guitars and modern superstrats. No modern metal band would play a guitar that looked like this, and yet it is so unique and so characteristic. There is nothing like it. This dual nature is something I find in all the Kramer models that I really like.

I might have to lighten the herd to get it, but that is alright. The late-era Baretta I is my model, it seems.
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

Great trades with: bacon

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

New Baretta I

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:31 am

Sirion wrote:What I really like about Kramers is that they seem to sit on the threshold between the old-fashioned guitars and modern superstrats.
My thoughts exactly :thumbs .

That looks like a real hot player :headbang .

Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

Frunobulax
Kramer Maniac

New Baretta I

Post by Frunobulax » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:13 am

Looks cool :thumbs
Even if I diversify the herd those days, I always feel the need to have an old school schredder available. And, to me, anything else fits the category as nicely as those old Kramers do.

SWANTECH
Kramer Kommander

New Baretta I

Post by SWANTECH » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:26 am

Congrats. I was watching that guitar. I don't have a spare neck so I passed.
Just an FYI. That is a JB zebra stuck upside down in it. NOT a reverse zebra.
It might sound out of phase if you ever decide to put a neck pickup in it. The adjustable screw pole pieces need to face the bridge.
Nothing a screw driver can't handle.
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle BL
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
86 Baretta snake (FS)
87 Monster Retta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic

Kramer Maniac

New Baretta I

Post by 2112 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 am

Damn. How'd I miss that one? Congrats. Nothing wrong with that neck. It'll probably outlast all of us. Great price. Looks like a beaut.

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

New Baretta I

Post by sixstring » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am

SWANTECH wrote: It might sound out of phase if you ever decide to put a neck pickup in it.
BLASPHEMY!!!! :evil
I wouldn't worry about that crack at the nut too much. Looks like an old wound and seems stable.
Can help to loosen off the tuners a bit once the lock nut is clamped down.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Sirion
Kramer Maniac

New Baretta I

Post by Sirion » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 pm

2112 wrote:Damn. How'd I miss that one? Congrats. Nothing wrong with that neck. It'll probably outlast all of us. Great price. Looks like a beaut.
For some reason, this doesn't seem to have registered with me either, before I came across it by coincidence. Could it have been put out with an error in the title, that was corrected later? That is my best guess anyway, because it was never shown in my feed. Oh well, I wouldn't have gone for it without the price drop (I got another one like this not long ago), but I have come to love this exact model.
SWANTECH wrote: It might sound out of phase if you ever decide to put a neck pickup in it.
Won't happen. :)
No longer looking for a late-era Baretta I body (with double scooped lower horn).

Great trades with: bacon

wizball
Kramer Kommander

New Baretta I

Post by wizball » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 am

Great score :thumbs

No worries with that neck :nono
'83 Pacer Special, Spiderweb
'85 Retta, Black
'86 Retta, White
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'87 Retta, The Fly
'88 Retta, Guitarship
'14 Pacer Classic, white, modded

youthgonewild
Kramer Maniac

New Baretta I

Post by youthgonewild » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:54 am

Thats a kick ass guitar man! I want one of those bodies so badly because being a single hum guy its right down my alley.
Like said above, that looks like an old wound and I wouldnt worry too much about it, however that being said Id be extra careful with it.
The shittiest part is the finish cracks left on the pockets, but its most likely superficial.

Candy Apple with a zebra is a great combo!
Nice score!
87 Pacer Deluxe Candy Red
88 F3000 Candy Red
87 Imperial Flip/Flop Pink
86 Focus 1000 (project,full scallop neck)
87 ESP M1 (bare wood, originally black)
93 Jackson King V black
87 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red
17 Charvel SoCal Black
Charvel Jake mutt