Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Discussion about the identification of Kramer Guitars and Kramer history
OrNaJa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by OrNaJa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi, thank you for add to forum.

I need info for my kramer proaxe F series on neck plate.

I bought this from a second-hand guitar shop. But this guitar has a different volume than the other. I wonder if the guitar was modified or a fake guitar. I think the bridge pickup is replace to seymour duncan JB.

Thank you.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4147
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm
Location: Ontario.ca

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by sixstring » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Holy shit!! :yikes drool
A 24 fret claw neck!! Not many of those in the wild.
Not original trem. Should be a parallel axis pup & a Floyd pro.

Welcome.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4147
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm
Location: Ontario.ca

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by sixstring » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Is there a stain under the paint in places?
Prob not put together at the factory, fire sale parts.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

User avatar
barettabomber
Kramer Maniac
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by barettabomber » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Yea, what you have there is a real ProAxe Standard model body, wrong trem, wrong pup , era correct neck plate, and a cool bound claw 24 fret neck thats been re-logoed with the Proaxe name, which would not of come out of the factory, A cool mutt for sure , but I agree someone used Firesale parts or Japan market only neck, which were bolt-ons (example Grace or Glide Series ), and put it together, ALSO , I would check the scale length. The unreleased 24 fret (or rare Pacer) models that never made it before they closed would of been long scale, ( I have Swan, Proaxe and 1 of the 24 fret Pacer's...Pacer is long scale 24 fret, not short scale as a Swan or ProAxe. But I'm leaning on that being a neck off a Grace Series my self. There were were a few on Reverb not too long ago, And had bolt on 24 fret claw necks, No "American" afer Kramer logo. Easy to get the Proaxe water slide later and add it. Either way cool mix. Check the scales length though, other wise enjoy, Or sell it to me , I like the oddball stuff that pops up. lol

User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4147
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm
Location: Ontario.ca

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by sixstring » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Ah fuk, forgot about the short scale.
Yeah it's not gonna tune up.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Bacon
Kramer Maniac
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 am

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by Bacon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 pm

It's cool, need to know the scale length of the neck and the nut size. Love it, and I would be a buyer as well

User avatar
SWANTECH
Kramer Kommander
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by SWANTECH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Definitely check the scale length.
Here is mine.
Also. The Pro Axe had ebony fret boards. The trem rout was also unique. The trem rout was pretty deep, and slanted. See my pic's.
Image
Image
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle BL
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
86 Baretta snake (FS)
87 Monster Retta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic

OrNaJa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by OrNaJa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:15 am

Hi.all thanks for anwser.
sixstring wrote:Is there a stain under the paint in places?
Prob not put together at the factory, fire sale parts.
Yes, it has stains on the body.
barettabomber wrote:Yea, what you have there is a real ProAxe Standard model body, wrong trem, wrong pup , era correct neck plate, and a cool bound claw 24 fret neck thats been re-logoed with the Proaxe name, which would not of come out of the factory, A cool mutt for sure , but I agree someone used Firesale parts or Japan market only neck, which were bolt-ons (example Grace or Glide Series ), and put it together, ALSO , I would check the scale length. The unreleased 24 fret (or rare Pacer) models that never made it before they closed would of been long scale, ( I have Swan, Proaxe and 1 of the 24 fret Pacer's...Pacer is long scale 24 fret, not short scale as a Swan or ProAxe. But I'm leaning on that being a neck off a Grace Series my self. There were were a few on Reverb not too long ago, And had bolt on 24 fret claw necks, No "American" afer Kramer logo. Easy to get the Proaxe water slide later and add it. Either way cool mix. Check the scales length though, other wise enjoy, Or sell it to me , I like the oddball stuff that pops up. lol
I am confused by the position of volume tone and selector. Proaxe does not have this kind of positioning. The scales lenth is 25 inches.
SWANTECH wrote:Definitely check the scale length.
Here is mine.
Also. The Pro Axe had ebony fret boards. The trem rout was also unique. The trem rout was pretty deep, and slanted. See my pic's.
Image
Image
Fret boards of mine looks like rosewood.
Scales lenth 25 inches.

More question

1.Tremolo stamp KRAMER installed in which model?

2.Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard installed in which model?

3.The screw holes on the back plate do not look like the other.

Thank you.

User avatar
KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 3912
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 am
Location: Germany

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:24 am

OrNaJa wrote:More question

1.Tremolo stamp KRAMER installed in which model?

2.Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard installed in which model?

3.The screw holes on the back plate do not look like the other.

Thank you.
1. In the entry level Music Yo models for example.

2. Different models like Baretta or Pacer came with claw necks. But not the 24 fret variety.

3. If it´s a firesale mutt it might be that the holes weren´t pre-drilled.
Practice cures most tone issues.

_______________________________________

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

OrNaJa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Real or Fake Kramer Proaxe (see pics)

Post by OrNaJa » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:13 am

KickstartMyHeart wrote:
OrNaJa wrote:More question

1.Tremolo stamp KRAMER installed in which model?

2.Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard installed in which model?

3.The screw holes on the back plate do not look like the other.

Thank you.
1. In the entry level Music Yo models for example.

2. Different models like Baretta or Pacer came with claw necks. But not the 24 fret variety.

3. If it´s a firesale mutt it might be that the holes weren´t pre-drilled.
Thank you for answer

So sad pay for vintage kramer but feel like a fake kramer T_T

Post Reply