Is this a legitimate Kramer guitar?

Discussion about the identification of Kramer Guitars and Kramer history
kremark
Kramer Maniac

Post by kremark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Craig Johnson wrote:
Full Crib wrote:Isn't this from the Yo era scratch_head
It looks like a Yo era headstock but I don't remember seeing them with that inlay on the 12th fret. It's most likely, and this is only my opinion, a bad copy of a guitar that was never made by a company that never made a guitar such as Kramer.
All the Music Yo head stocks I've seen have more of a curve at the bottom side especially towards the point. This headstock looks more like a real pointy than a Music Yo....to me.
I don't usually find a use for this smiley :flipa , but I like so there you have it.
Steve B.

Craig Johnson
Kramer Maniac

Post by Craig Johnson » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:05 am

kremark wrote:
Craig Johnson wrote:
Full Crib wrote:Isn't this from the Yo era scratch_head
It looks like a Yo era headstock but I don't remember seeing them with that inlay on the 12th fret. It's most likely, and this is only my opinion, a bad copy of a guitar that was never made by a company that never made a guitar such as Kramer.
All the Music Yo head stocks I've seen have more of a curve at the bottom side especially towards the point. This headstock looks more like a real pointy than a Music Yo....to me.
The pyramid logo is all wrong. A way to tell is to pull the neck. All of mine have had some sort of markings, initials, dates, etc.... one even had a smiley face in the neck cavity.

So I'm gonna go with my original statement

" It's most likely, and this is only my opinion, a bad copy of a guitar that was never made by a company that never made a guitar such as Kramer."
1986 Focus 1000 "Spidey"
1984 Pacer Special Custom Paint (Won on the Kramer Forum)
1999 Baretta (Holoflash)
1985 Baretta
1990 Baretta 1 Klein Naked lady reverse bound headstock
Stagemaster Deluxe "Guido"

Kramerman65
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kramerman65 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm of the opinion that this is a parts guitar from Jolana as well. Nothing Kramer about it.

Mikolaj

Post by Mikolaj » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:55 am

Hello,

Thanks you for all the replies.

My initial search also trakced me to Jolana (i live in eastern europe what makes it even more possible), but then i realized there is something goofy about this guitar and it doesnt match any model.

To answer some of your guesses:
The 12th fret mark was made by the previous owner.
It says "explozer" and i believe its a band name.
The pickups are dmarzio d-activator (they replaced original ones) and the bridge is schaller pro.
The tone switch was replaced with killswitch.

Overall its a solid guitar just looking little weird.
It sounds big. If setup correctly its impossible to detune it, however it feels a bit clunky when you start hitting frets higher than 15.

Once again thank you for all your time and feedback, cheers!

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 am

That explains some :thumbs .
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs