Grail Definition?

Discussions about Kramer Guitars in general.
LhKramerLunatic
Kramer Kommander

Grail Definition?

Post by LhKramerLunatic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

80sChris wrote:With nut adjustment at the headstock end it really pays to have the right tools. I really like the bullet truss rods for easy adjustment. I like those spoke nut rods too.

Ive got the lefty charvel tele mim,and a schexter super shredder and i luv the spoke truss rod adj at the end of the fret board,just simple and effective adj's..
1986 lefty Focus 6000
1992 ibanez 170L

louieatienza
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by louieatienza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:59 pm

80sChris wrote:With nut adjustment at the headstock end it really pays to have the right tools. I really like the bullet truss rods for easy adjustment. I like those spoke nut rods too.
I have a few long reach t-handle hex wrenches that are way more efficient than taking a shortish Allen key , though I think those short keys probably saved more than wrecked necks.

I also despise when folks don't use the proper flat-head screwdriver to adjust a trussrod. I've seen so many chewed up and broken nuts because of that.

Del Hudson
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by Del Hudson » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:00 pm

This is what happens when a Grail body gets stuck in a conveyor belt at the Philadelphia post office. It arrives with the horn sticking out of the box. Not to mention belt rash.

Wasn't a problem though. It needed a full restoration anyway after it was butchered by previous owners. Some of you might remember this guitar on the old forum. I like scalloped potatoes, but not necks.

I strum, therefore, I can't shred!

louieatienza
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by louieatienza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Del Hudson wrote:This is what happens when a Grail body gets stuck in a conveyor belt at the Philadelphia post office. It arrives with the horn sticking out of the box. Not to mention belt rash.

Wasn't a problem though. It needed a full restoration anyway after it was butchered by previous owners. Some of you might remember this guitar on the old forum. I like scalloped potatoes, but not necks.

Wow.. has it been restored yet?

Del Hudson
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by Del Hudson » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 pm

I don't know. This was 3 to 4 years ago. Traded it to a guy for other Kramer stuff. I don't know if he ever finished it.
I strum, therefore, I can't shred!

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Grail Definition?

Post by sixstring » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:41 am

Ah yes.... :bang
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

lespauled
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by lespauled » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 am

Del Hudson wrote:This is what happens when a Grail body gets stuck in a conveyor belt at the Philadelphia post office. It arrives with the horn sticking out of the box. Not to mention belt rash.

At least the post office scalloped the neck for you!!! :headbang
"Women and music...I'm always amazed at other people's choices" - David Lee Roth

AAEA
Kramer Maniac

Grail Definition?

Post by AAEA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 am

Who is working at these post offices?