I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Honoring forum members who have passed.
geetar10
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by geetar10 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I think we lost Rex Lykins (KB7010) this month; On April 9. A hell of a guy to talk to...we spoke and PM'd for over 10 years. An old school KF'er.; Classic Rocker. The last contact was via PM and Phone around March 22/23. Mark(Hunter) and I were trying to connect to no avail. He informed me that he had Stage 4 brain cancer and was given 5 years. From my experience with the disease, I immediately knew something was completely wrong with the diagnosis...I'm dealing with a family member (55) who was given 9 months with an identical diagnosis.. No contact and the phone number was shut down...I had a devastating feeling that something was very wrong. They were going to try something outside of Chemo. He had 2 golf ball sized tumors in his brain and seemed assured that would be eradicated. I think he was being strong...maybe not wanting me to worry and maybe give him hope at the same time......3 weeks later; Jesus.

http://www.paulyoungfuneralhome.com/sit ... id=1949013

Please tell me I'm wrong. He was an old schooler...I loved talkin' to Rex.
Get it back to good.

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by sixstring » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Sad news indeed! He was an old school rocker!
RIP KF brother.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Jarrodthebobo
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by Jarrodthebobo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Wow, RIP man. I always remember seeing him around the old forum and such. One of the good ones.
I am the definition of tired

Check out my Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/jarrod-beauchemin
Or Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/javamony

geetar10
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by geetar10 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

I remember when Shane passed. We too, had great convos; PM and phone. And the celebration of his life was quite outstanding....his wife, sister (Lisa) and son (Cooper) found solace here for some time. Helped them move along. Healing process. This is a bit different but maybe Dana (his daughter) would like to know how much he was appreciated (even on a guitar forum) here and may like to know he was a special guy here as well; cool as a cucumber....post up on the link; I may lead the way. Rex was a cool shit; and went back to 2005 on the KF.

Let's let the family know he's not forgotten here.
Get it back to good.

Hunter008
Kramer Kommander

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by Hunter008 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Rex was the the one I was closest to on here. We had many great conversations. And he was A kindred spirit (the kind I always seem to lose.) Losing him doesn't just feel like losing a friend. It feels like losing a brother...
He will be truly missed!!!
R.I.P. Brother!!! See you in eternity!!! :toast
"I don't ask for much. The truth will do just fine. Won't you lay it on the line?"

kremark
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by kremark » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks Ken for letting us know. I love Rex's humor and I am blown away by the news. Truly a loss.
I don't usually find a use for this smiley :flipa , but I like so there you have it.
Steve B.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 am

Thank you, Ken, for letting us know what happened.

Rest in peace, Rex. You´ve been one cool cat for sure and it was always great exchanging views with you even with the distance between two continents between us. I´m glad I knew you even if only on a guitar forum.

Godspeed and good riddance. I really hope you´ve left all the hurt behind.
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

geetar10
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by geetar10 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:59 am

KickstartMyHeart wrote:Thank you, Ken, for letting us know what happened.

Rest in peace, Rex. You´ve been one cool cat for sure and it was always great exchanging views with you even with the distance between two continents between us. I´m glad I knew you even if only on a guitar forum.

Godspeed and good riddance. I really hope you´ve left all the hurt behind.
Hey Christian, I hope "Good Riddance" was a German/English Faux Pas here. I get ya though and thanks.
Get it back to good.

KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:55 am

geetar10 wrote:Hey Christian, I hope "Good Riddance" was a German/English Faux Pas here. I get ya though and thanks.
God, that´s what it is/was. I meant it as "fare thee well". Thank you for pointing it out, Ken.
Practice cures most tone issues.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

HowlinWolf
Kramer Maniac

I Hope I'm Wrong...Rex

Post by HowlinWolf » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 am

I didn't know him as well as some of you but I'll remember him for his strength as he announced what he was dealing with a couple months ago here. Cancer may have taken his mortal body away but as they say- 'the spirit carries on'.

So here's a toast to you Rex, keep on stringing and keep on rocking in a place where there's only love, peace and happiness. :toast
:evil Oh my god, look what the cat dragged in... Livin' my life, sin after sin. Night rolls up and I do it again... Oh my god, look what the cat dragged in.