Where do you guys keep your gear?

Discussion about non Kramer related topics
Axeman
Kramer Maniac

Post by Axeman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Where in the house do you guys keep your setup? Since we have 2 bedrooms setup now for kids, I have nowhere to go with all of my equipment. I have 3 amps, 10 guitars, a pedalboard, countless parts, pedals, preamps, etc. laying around. We have a formal living room where my wife will not allow anything, the den is setup to hang out, with couches/TV and kids/dog toys, so nothing in there either. My basement is unfinished and way too humid, and the garage would also destroy all of my gear, the garage is also where I keep my weights, all of my tools, stuff for the car and other junk. I don’t know where to go with my guitars?

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Dehumidifier in basement would be what I'd do.
Maybe use vapor barrier type plastic to corner off a section to store/play until you finish the basement off.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

gtrjunior
Kramer Maniac

Re: Where do you guys keep your gear?

Post by gtrjunior » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 pm

I have a finished basement with a dehumidifier. The guitars stay stable pretty much year round. The last 2-3 weeks have been humid as hell so they have had some tuning difficulty but otherwise they are fine.

lespauled
Kramer Maniac

Post by lespauled » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

Mine are in my basement, which is finished. I have a dehumidifier, but it almost never goes on. Maybe it's because I have force air heat and AC, which maintains a constant humidity in my house. We have a humidifier on our furnace that goes on when necessary.
"Women and music...I'm always amazed at other people's choices" - David Lee Roth

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Post by _xxx_ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am

Several hanging on the wall in my living room and the rest in their cases in another room - nothing special. Same with the amps, two are being played, two are mothballed. The preamps and pedals are on my computer desk along with other recording gear, last time I used those was like a year ago.

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 am

everything is in the basement other than one or two guitars that are upstairs. We run AC all summer and have a woodstove running all winter so its dry in the house. when I take my stuff outside to work on it usually takes a couple of days and the necks start to wobble around...humidity here sucks!
It may not be long, but it sure is skinny!

gtrjunior
Kramer Maniac

Re: Where do you guys keep your gear?

Post by gtrjunior » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:34 pm

I just remembered that my ac system’s humidifier was leaking last year and we disconnected it....probably why I’m having tuning issues this season.