Fender Acoustasonic...

Discussion about Kool Guitars by other manufactures
Spammyboy
Kramer Maniac

Fender Acoustasonic...

Post by Spammyboy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Well, picked scooped up one of these today. I played one when they first appeared after NAMM and like it.

Anyone else had their hands on one and have an opinion (good or bad) on playability and or sound?

My first impressions are that it will work well for me on stage..it will be nice to start off in acoustic mode and be able to pop into electric for the chorus then back again. I think it will add a bit of punch in otherwise timid chorus'. As long as it doesn't have issues with feedback (very thin top), I'll be happy.

I normally play a big Gibson on stage..this will be a nice change of pace.

The only issue I have is why Fender would sell these guitars at a $2000 price point without even a cheap hardshell case. They come with only a gig bag.

Unfortunately for me...during shipping UPS must have sat something heavy on the box and made a small crack on the top right in line with the control nobs. I've seen a few others on ebay being sold for cheaper because of identical cracks. Hopefully Fender will get their shit together amd ship these with cases... otherwise I predict a lot of shipping damage.

That bring said, The Guitar Store in Seattle is very responsive amd are working to expedite a replacement. This time I will make the 5 hr drive to pick it up myself..and try and get a deal on a nice SKB molded case for her to live in.

84' Baretta (Cream)
87' Baretta Kline Lips Graphic
86'/87' Classic III (Candy Red)
05' Gretsch 6120-TM
17' Gretsch G6128-TVP PowerJet
19' Fender Acoustasonic Tele
78' Ovation Ultra
01' Gibson J-180 Custom

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Re: Fender Acoustasonic...

Post by sixstring » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Looks good! :hit

Shitty about the damage. :bang
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.