Lipstick on a pig

Discussion about Kramer Guitars on eBay, Craigslist, and online. Fake or Rare, you will see them here.
Post Reply
User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Lipstick on a pig

Post by sixstring » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:27 am

But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

louieatienza
Kramer Maniac
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Lipstick on a pig

Post by louieatienza » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Maybe... but worth it in parts I think. Same guy that had a parts mutt for sale on eBay, reneged, then changed the neck and repainted it and put it back on eBay...

User avatar
KickstartMyHeart
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 3927
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 am

Lipstick on a pig

Post by KickstartMyHeart » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:00 pm

:brow
Practice cures most tone issues.

_______________________________________

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Lipstick on a pig

Post by sixstring » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 pm

louieatienza wrote:Maybe... but worth it in parts I think. Same guy that had a parts mutt for sale on eBay, reneged, then changed the neck and repainted it and put it back on eBay...
My math isn't anywhere near asking. scratch_head
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

louieatienza
Kramer Maniac
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Lipstick on a pig

Post by louieatienza » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:33 pm

sixstring wrote:
louieatienza wrote:Maybe... but worth it in parts I think. Same guy that had a parts mutt for sale on eBay, reneged, then changed the neck and repainted it and put it back on eBay...
My math isn't anywhere near asking. scratch_head
EMG 81 60 about 125-200
Black GOTOH 45s about 50-75
Floyd nut about 20-25
Non-locking Floyd about 30-40
Knobs about 5-10
Neck plate 15-20
Body 50-75
Neck 60-100 maybe more loooks pretty good to me might be a Focus beak...

So, I wouldn't buy it, but I think if someone bought it and hated it they could get their money back parting it out... especially if you mention how that neck feels like the one on the "grail" that you had 20 years ago...

User avatar
sixstring
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Lipstick on a pig

Post by sixstring » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 pm

louieatienza wrote:
sixstring wrote:
louieatienza wrote:Maybe... but worth it in parts I think. Same guy that had a parts mutt for sale on eBay, reneged, then changed the neck and repainted it and put it back on eBay...
My math isn't anywhere near asking. scratch_head
EMG 81 60 about 125-200$150
Black GOTOH 45s about 50-75 never said gotoh, actually described as Schaller style -$10 chinese
Floyd nut about 20-25
Non-locking Floyd about 30-40Chinese junk$15
Knobs about 5-10
Neck plate 15-20striker spacing
Body 50-75striker ply $50 on a good day
Neck 60-100 maybe more loooks pretty good to me might be a Focus beak...shape isn't right for a 80s vintage, could be anything

So, I wouldn't buy it, but I think if someone bought it and hated it they could get their money back parting it out... especially if you mention how that neck feels like the one on the "grail" that you had 20 years ago...
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

User avatar
_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:37 am

Lipstick on a pig

Post by _xxx_ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 pm

So which part is supposed to be lipstick? scratch_head

Post Reply