GC strikes again.

Discussion about Kramer Guitars on eBay, Craigslist, and online. Fake or Rare, you will see them here.
Designbyry
Kramer Maniac

GC strikes again.

Post by Designbyry » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 am

Super rare Focus 6000? 6300? 36000? WTF-6030?

At least whoever sold this to them made $450 (they pay 60% of what they will list for last I checked) for a mutt with the OFR swapped for what looks like an unbranded Gotoh bridge. I'm sure it plays like butter.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Krame ... -Guitar.gc

If your Guitar goes to 12, your amp only needs to go to 9.

Marco
Kramer Maniac

Re: GC strikes again.

Post by Marco » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 am

Well, in their defense they seem very knowledgeable.

The description says: “This guitar comes with a case”
That kinda says everything if you think about it.

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Folks.
Sure is fun to poke fun at their mistakes, and we should. We should also not support this business model.

A long, long, time ago in galaxy far, far away. Music stores would want knowledgeable people, hire knowledgeable people, and train employee's to be the most knowledgeable as possible.
This is very unique to Music Retail. Having a knowledgeable staff. This is the key to having a successful Music Retail business. Most smaller companies, and privately owned stores still know this and are willing to pay a good wage to have a great knowledgeable staff, provide great services, and make their customers happy so they can gain their repeated business.

Most of all other Retail is like Best Buy, Target, JC Penny's, Wal Mart, and your local food store. They exist based solely on the fact that they stock a product that people want.
The employee's are not hired, paid, or trained to do anything other than take your money at the point of sale, or stock the shelf. They do not know how many calories are in the beer you just bought, where it was made, how it was made, or do they even get paid 1 cent to care.

This is what Investment Capitol does to Music Retail. They hire outside music retail management to run the companies. People who were former CEO's of Target, Hot Topic, Etc.. Those people see retail sales only. It is only about profits. They have no concept of Music Retail needing to be staffed by a knowledgeable staff. So they hire clerks, at clerk wages, so to raise company profits by paying for a lower cost labor force. They honestly believe that a knowledgeable, and trained staff has no place in their business model. This is why they do not spend any time or money to train the staff, pay better wages for knowledgeable staff, or do they care to retain good staff.

I am letting you folks know this so that you understand. It is not the fault of the young person they hired at minimum wage, and part time. Part time employee's so that they don't have to pay health care. They give that employee the bare minimum training to do the job. They bait them into a commission pay structure to justify them getting a lower minimum wage base pay. Pay for performance they say. This is exactly the business model they want you the consumer to experience. They actually want to be like this. They are not going to change. This is not a problem to them. They still take your MONEY, so they WIN.

If you folks actually want to deal with a knowledgeable staff. A store that you feel cares about you, doing business with you. If you want professional, happy, knowledgeable, motivated people to help you.
Than G.C. and any Venture Capitol interest owned Music Retail isn't the place for you.

They DO NOT do business like that. They don't want to do that anymore. They don't actually care about having that type of business model. They don't have to because they get money without any of that investment. As long as people continue to give them money to buy gear from them. They are NOT going to change for the better. Why should they? You keep buying stuff no matter how horrible they are.

If you do not want a world where this is normal. You must not feed this type of business model. If you stop buying anything from them. They will either be forced to change, or go out of business. Either way. That will have influence on the other music retailers.
Get good or get gone.
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle Blue
88 Nigthswan Bolt/Ugly Duckling rescue project
19 Nightswan Polka Dot reissue
86 Classic III Tele Cream
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's Spector SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Monsters of Rock Baretta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic
91 Baretta 3 Black Cherry
88 EE Pro 1 White/Rainbow
89 Grace C1 Flip Flop Something
01 Music Yo Imperial/Explorer blue project
89 Baretta 2 Flip Flop Red

RockStringBender
Kramer Kommander

Post by RockStringBender » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:33 pm

WOW Brother!!!!

Every now and then You post a bit of philosophical stuff but shit :yikes

What's yer IQ?

This is a killer representation of many things, very well presented, and shows a soo soo experienced human being :thumbs
It's a Beautiful World.......... except for the humans

Designbyry
Kramer Maniac

Post by Designbyry » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:58 pm

SWANTECH wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm If you do not want a world where this is normal. You must not feed this type of business model. If you stop buying anything from them. They will either be forced to change, or go out of business. Either way. That will have influence on the other music retailers.
Get good or get gone.
GC for me is no different than a pawn shop. I use them soley for used stuff, and that is largely due to the crappy service I have received there in the past. I am also lucky to have 2 other locally owned music stores in my mid-sized midwest town, with a small handful of other specialty instrument shops to boot. That affords me the luxury of both instant gratification of being able to walk out with a new shiny something and get really good service to go with it.

I used to also use SweetWater quite a bit, but they are now (from my understanding) on the same vulture capital path that will ruin any benefit like having the same personal contact, full tech support and 2 year warranty on anything they sell.

As far as the GC used stuff, it's hard to get mad at a kid that can only read the label on a headstock on a mutt. Kramers are hard enough to positively identify with all the nuance and variations from their crazy record keeping and build style. I'm just sayin that there will likely be many more mutts and swapped good parts guitars showing up there as the market has gone up. I passed on a GC Focus 6000 a year or two ago for $219 because I thought it was too dinged up to dork with. We all know now the floyd alone can be worth $250-$300....

Marco
Kramer Maniac

Post by Marco » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:11 pm

That focus you passed on, did it come with a case?

Sluggy
Kramer Maniac

Post by Sluggy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:20 pm

😂😂😂 You guys love it when the so called “experts” price a $2000 Baretta for $400 dielaughing

Designbyry
Kramer Maniac

Post by Designbyry » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 am

Sluggy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:20 pm 😂😂😂 You guys love it when the so called “experts” price a $2000 Baretta for $400 dielaughing
Yeah, I got an 86 Retta from them for $499 last year. Also bought a Focus 111s at a flea market for $40 and drove it straight to GC to sell it to them for $120. But, I've literally set several hundred dollars worth of stuff down on the counter and left after standing at the register being ignored for 15 minutes while 3 employees all freak out about how to change the strings on a cute little girls Squire. It's easier getting served a beer at a packed college bar as a mid 40s old white dude than it is getting in and out of there in under 10 min for a pack of strings. So I have no shame in taking advantage of them when opportunity knocks. They get irritated when you try to educate them. They also get irritated when you want to play a guitar that is out of arms reach.

The big thing is pointing out the mis-labeled / misrepresented stuff that pops up for all the good folks that lurk here on the forum for advice, so they don't make a bad uninformed decision to buy something that they will be bummed about as soon as they show up here asking what it is they got.

The one good thing is that GC does have a good return policy. :toast

lonewolfsx
Kramer Kommander

Post by lonewolfsx » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:35 am

Designbyry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 am The one good thing is that GC does have a good return policy. :toast
True that. I have a spreadsheet of all the stuff I've bought from GC over the last decade. 52% of those items had some kind of problem - wrong item shipped, wrong color, no power cable, no tubes, no strings, etc.
Of the total orders, 33% of them were either returned or I received a substantial (20% or more) partial refund to keep it.

That said, small music shops are no better in my experience. There are a few select ones that are really great I won't deny that - Jimmy's Vintage here in Florida comes to mind as being excellent - but there are just as many that are as bad or worse than GC and lack reliable return policy's or even worse, knowingly lie about the things they sell. At least at GC you can assume they hired somebody off the street with little knowledge and many times it's an honest mistake - for better or worse.

My best guitar buying interactions and experiences have always been amongst private sellers - here on the forum, or even via reverb or ebay, through which I've formed quite a few "email friendships" with like-minded musicians who care about their gear and how it is represented/sold.
Always looking for maple pointies, especially bound headstocks.
My huge collection here:
https://totallyradguitars.com/kramer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3nawb ... _-A0TcFOZw

Tavo7782
Kramer Maniac

Post by Tavo7782 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm

They sold a real deal polka dot swan not too long ago for 400 bucks. Smdh!! Thats the kind of deals I dream about! Nice guy got it, gifted it to his grand kid. Who ever sold that got screwed. And goes to show the lame asses working at gc
Baretta II dinky Snakeskin
Baretta I Pyramid Eye Graphic
Baretta I Early No Scoop Gold Hardware
Stagey Standard I FF Red
Stagey Custom I Electric Blue
Stagey Deluxe I Rose
Condor Graphic
89 Imperial Jet Black
Proaxe Standard Sparkle Black
Sustainer Claw FF Red
87 Pacer Deluxe FF Red
PCII FF Blue