can someone with reaper do death metal vocals?

9am53
Kramer Maniac

can someone with reaper do death metal vocals?

Post by 9am53 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:12 am

Hey guys, its been a while... I managed to record God Of Emptiness a while back with the baritone guitar I built a couple of years ago. I'm still learning with reaper, this was my first time mic'ing my cab and I like it better than recording direct sofar. I have tried to do the vocals for it and I really dont have the skill...its fucking hard. staying on key while maintaining the distortion and the growl is not something I can do yet. is there someone on here whos a morbid fan who'd like to do the vocal track? Feel free to fix any mistakes I made as well and edit all you want, I want to learn.
It may not be long, but it sure is skinny!

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Re: can someone with reaper do death metal vocals?

Post by _xxx_ » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 am

It's about the effects used, proper mixing is 90% of that. Check out my album in the recordings section, I did that with "whisper" loudness and hands enclosing the mic, the rest is all FX. There are also many vids on youtube explaining how to mix and "sweeten" the vox, as well as how to sing that properly - not loud/full voice mostly.

You can upload or send me the vocal track and I could try to soup it up for you, if that helps.

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Post by _xxx_ » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am

etc...

9am53
Kramer Maniac

Post by 9am53 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:27 am

Ive watched that video with jared dines, and a few others and Im working on it but it sounds like ass right now and I dont want to record it because im not proud of it. I'll get there, but for the moment I just want to have the song behind me so I can concentrate on my next one (kiss-domino or slaughter-deperately). My next song will have me on bass guitar and programming the drum track (no backing track) so im excited to get moving on that. My plan is to incrementally get better with every song I record and I'm sort of done with the morbid angel one for now. I can sing like gene simmons no problem, mark slaughter - noway, but I can do it better than I can do david vincent.
It may not be long, but it sure is skinny!

_xxx_
Kramer Kingpin

Post by _xxx_ » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 pm

I'd say concentrate on eq, fx and mixing fist - tons of vids on yt about that. You can work with a bad voice as well then and get usable results. When the voice gets more training, the results will impove way faster.

scole
Kramer Maniac

Post by scole » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:39 pm

You could always try asking someone on Kompoz

Pcruis1
Kramer Kommander

Post by Pcruis1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:34 pm

That gutteral video cracks me up. I like that type of singing, but watching him do it and try to explain it was hilarious - sounded like he was trying to push out a gigantic deuce.
1981 Pacer Strat Head White
1981 Pacer Strat Head Walnut
1981 Pacer Strat Head Graphic
1981 Pacer Strat Head Sunburst
1982 Pacer Graphic Beak
83/86 Mutt Pacer - TransRed Beak
1984 Pacer Candy Red R5 Hockey
1984 Pacer Black R5 Hockey