Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Flaky craigslist people.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:36 pm 
KF ADMIN

Just yesterday I finally made a deal to sell a Miller Syncro Wave 351 for my father.

You would not believe the number of "Can we come look at it this weekend" messages I got- that wound up a no show.

Finally I told the guy yesterday, "Yes, send me $100.00 to my PayPal and we will set it up..... I figured what the hell right? :nono

Short story long, the guy paid me the 100 bucks. Now if he bails I put it down as.... shrug :dollar shrug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I've had both amazing and disappointing dealings from both sides of the coin on craigslist (or Kijiji which is more popular here). Really just comes with the territory and (sadly) almost expected.

One that was kind of funny was a guy was selling a Seymour Duncan DDJ pickup for a decent price. Drove an hour to meet him, I show up and he goes 'yeah, so I found it this is wound by a special person at duncan so the price is now 2x' I simply said 'yeah, she still works there, I can get her to wind me a brand new pickup to my spec for that price, here's the cash we agreed on' he handed me the pickup and I was on my merry way...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 am 
Kramer Maniac

I used to sell aquarium shirmp on kijiji for 25 cents a piece. I had a guy who in all seriousness told me he cant drive and if I would deliver 3 shirmp to him 45 minutes from my house.

I have found when I'm selling things magically everyone seems to have lost their license to drive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am 
Kramer Kommander

Tire-kickers!! :cen :bs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 pm 
Kramer Maniac

It's not just CL. It's also Facebook. I had 2 guitars listed on Facebook Marketplace, and I got a couple of nibbles, but nothing materialized.

After yesterday's episode, where the guy didn't show up, I decided to take the guitars off the market (at least for the time being). I'm not in a rush to sell them, I just don't play them, and figured someone else would love them.

Within an hour of deleting the posts for the 2 guitars, I got no less than 5 Facebook messages asking about the guitars.

Since I decided to not sell them, there was a certain amount of joy responding to each message "Sorry, the listing has been deleted."

These clowns waited until the listings were deleted before getting serious about buying them. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:59 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Sounds like ebay still has something going for it in comparison... despite the 10% fee.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am 
Kramer Maniac

My issue with eBay is the shipping. Ive bought only a couple of guitars on there and since my guitar budget is so small the shipping ends up being a major part of the cost! I prefer searching the local classifieds and spelling the words wrong... misspelled ads dont get noticed and they dont sell so I can low ball :evil

PS, I have no qualms lowballing, but I will not ghost a seller under any circumstances. a few weeks ago I was supposed to drive about 45 minutes away to buy a table saw, I found one closer to home about 4 days before I was supposed to go meet the guy so I messaged and told him I wasnt coming. He sent me the most thankful email saying how thoughtful I was and how amazing it was that I let him know I wasnt coming. apparently being respectful is fancy these days !