Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:50 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Wow, Jarrod :headbang . This thing sounds damn good. From cleans to breakup to crunch to rock to full metal. Warm sounding tones with a lot of juice and warm character :not .

Me likey mucho, bro :thumbs .

:yourock

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 am 
Kramer Kommander

:thumbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:01 am 
Kramer Maniac

KickstartMyHeart wrote:
Wow, Jarrod :headbang . This thing sounds damn good. From cleans to breakup to crunch to rock to full metal. Warm sounding tones with a lot of juice and warm character :not .

Me likey mucho, bro :thumbs .

:yourock

I really want to draw up a pcp for this thing and maybe get a couple of preamp modules built, with all the switches and everything! I've had a few people over the past few months ask me to build them one of these, but I honestly just don't have the time nor money to do so at the moment; but pcp boards that people can populate on their own and match with another amp, I may be able to do.

The magic of this little amp is that I've configured a couple of things within the amp, such as a fake PI stage that breaks up pretty early in order to try and get that 'power tube' breakup sound at quiet volumes. However, the power amp is by no means clean, and cranking that itself can get some JUICEY tones.

What I didn't have a chance to record in the video is the 'crunch' channel with the master cranked; which is probably my favorite sound from this amp. It truly is that classic Marshall sound with a bit more push, crunch, and clarity.

I can't wait to try this thing with a real Greenback because I'm sure that'll REALLY draw out the sound I'm looking for.

Check out my Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/jarrod-beauchemin
Or Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/javamony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 am 
Kramer Kommander

Small PCB suppliers will do batches beginning at 10 pcs, so that might be an option. Usually not very expensive either. Free software like Eagle can be used for that, if there are not too many parts involved (free version is limited regarding the parts count).

https://www.autodesk.com/products/eagle/free-download

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 am 
Kramer Maniac

I for one am interested Jarrod if you decide to do a batch and wish to sell a PCB with a schematic. That way the onus is on those interested to get off their a$$ and do some building. Who knows, maybe your the next Jim Marshall!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 am 
Kramer Maniac

Great job.
Amps are NOT in my skill set.
I just buy the ones I like.
I did make 1 amp, (kind of).
I had an old USA made Rocktron Chameleon collecting dust.
A blown up Marshall MG 100dfx combo that was FREE!, and in new condition. I just bought a used $80.00, Marshall Valve state 40+40 power amp. A new celestion V30 12" speaker. Through it all in the MG cab.
A franken amp was born.
It is my ROCK-ALL MARS-TRON amp. LOL.

90 ProAxe Std CR
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
84 Baretta CR
85 Baretta CR
86 Baretta Cream
86 Focus 1000 Blk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 am 
Kramer Maniac

SWANTECH wrote:
Great job.
Amps are NOT in my skill set.
I just buy the ones I like.
I did make 1 amp, (kind of).
I had an old USA made Rocktron Chameleon collecting dust.
A blown up Marshall MG 100dfx combo that was FREE!, and in new condition. I just bought a used $80.00, Marshall Valve state 40+40 power amp. A new celestion V30 12" speaker. Through it all in the MG cab.
A franken amp was born.
It is my ROCK-ALL MARS-TRON amp. LOL.

Hahah thats funny dude! I've actually been wanting to do that with my ADA Mp1 and the marshall 9001 power amp I have; just throw em in like a modular cab or something. Would be a cool little setup for sure!

Check out my Soundcloud:
Or Youtube channel:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am 
Kramer Maniac

kremark wrote:
I for one am interested Jarrod if you decide to do a batch and wish to sell a PCB with a schematic. That way the onus is on those interested to get off their a$$ and do some building. Who knows, maybe your the next Jim Marshall!

Being that all Im doing is copying older circuits and making them differ-... Wait... Maybe I could be the next Jim Marshall :roll

Ill defiantly give this some further considerations! My only problem may be with actually drawing out the boards.

Actually used to use a version of that autocad program at one of my former jobs to design small circuit boards; but they were usually a bit on the messy side!

Another concern with doing a preamp board however would be power supply and filtering...

Honestly it may just make more sense to build a full amp at that point as ill still need a power tranny and OT for the preamp module... UNLESS thats something I leave up to the builders? Like; here is the preamp; put it in whatever you want and power it on your own? :roll

Check out my Soundcloud:
Or Youtube channel:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:06 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Absolutely, it can be up to them. Beware of burns, electric shock, and or death. Can the signal be totally nullified in the power section? Youbetcha. :jump