Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:23 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 pm 
Kramer Maniac

wizball wrote:
Axeman wrote:
I definitely recommend the Marshall DSL lineup as some have mentioned. Last year I picked up the DSL40C with the celestion creamback from Sweetwater, it's an awesome combo amp. It even sounds great at bedroom volume. Very versatile amp.

Agreed, the 40C is a great combo, well capable of handling small to large gigs with ease, typical Marshall tone, takes pedals well (both in front & in the loop)!

I've been trying to find a reason to buy one & get rid of my 5150iii but can't :roll

Funny you say that, I got rid of a 6505 when I picked up the DSL. I prefer the el34s to the 6l6, gotta love that Marshall tone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:31 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Axeman wrote:
wizball wrote:
Axeman wrote:
I definitely recommend the Marshall DSL lineup as some have mentioned. Last year I picked up the DSL40C with the celestion creamback from Sweetwater, it's an awesome combo amp. It even sounds great at bedroom volume. Very versatile amp.

Agreed, the 40C is a great combo, well capable of handling small to large gigs with ease, typical Marshall tone, takes pedals well (both in front & in the loop)!

I've been trying to find a reason to buy one & get rid of my 5150iii but can't :roll

Funny you say that, I got rid of a 6505 when I picked up the DSL. I prefer the el34s to the 6l6, gotta love that Marshall tone.

I know, it's a close run thing for me, I'm digging the EL34's too but my 5150iii does everything I want & more, in a perfect world I'd have both but I also have a Blackstar HT20 (EL34's) & an old 80's Marshall master lead 5275 combo (solid state version of a JCM800 which nails that sound too), so a 4th amp might just be a little overkill :jump

'86 Retta, White
'86 Retta, Black
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'87 Retta, The Fly
'86 Focus 2000, Hot Pink
'87 JK1000, Red
'10 Pacer Classic, white

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:00 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I used to have a 50w 2204 1983'ish Marshall with 4x cab. Sold that a few years ago and got a Tone King Metropolitan. Really an awesome versatile amp and not too heavy!

Pedalwise I use a Strymon Mobius, Source Audio LA lady, Expression pedal and Nemesis delay with their Soleman and Neuro hub. I really like the midi control, every since I started playing live. I hate doing the pedalboard tap dance. The soleman is really powerful controller and is pretty easy to program everything from their interface. The LA lady has so many od, distortion and fuzz pedals under the hood - its crazy deep.

I'll get some pics next time at rehearsal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:00 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL & Fender 1972 Quadreverb split through JCM 1960 B cabinets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:31 am 
Kramer Maniac

Peavey Rockmaster Tube Preamp
In the clean channel, I am using a Rockman Acoustic Guitar Pedal paired with a TC Electronics Corona Chorus.
In the crunch channel, I am using a Rockman Sustainor 200.
In the distortion effects loop, I have nothing running through it. (The distortion is already awesome enough)
In the common effects loop, I am using a GNX4 for another chorus, delay, and phaser.
Running to the Preamp, I have a tuner and Rockman Wah pedal.

All of this runs through a Roland JC-55.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Ever changing, but at the moment..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:40 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I'm a noob, so I have a Yamaha THR10. I'm just starting to explore the THR settings editor via a laptop, but don't have a practice space set up to really get into it yet.

Eventually I'd like to get a low wattage tube amp setup so I can play with pedals. I want to play with all the toys. :D We do not have basements or insulation in Hawaii so I can't produce too much volume or the neighbors will be even less happy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Main Rig:

Practice combo:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:57 am 

Playing through a boss gt6 stereo out to Marshall jcm 900 100 watt head
w marshall 4x12 left and dsl 100 watt head w marshall 4x12 right. 900 going through rack bbe362 and all of it into rack furman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I've used countless amps and fx rigs over the years and I finally found an amp that works perfectly for me. The Marshall Code 50. I don't gig anymore, so I don't need anything too loud, and surprisingly, the modeling is the best I've ever dealt with. Plus it was only $250, so it was win/win/win for me. If I ever start gigging again, I guess I'll have to find something more suitable, but for messing around at home, it's perfect IMHO.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next