Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Hi guys, what's up?
As I promised I've made another video with my beloved Kramer :headbang

A friend of mine challenged me about creating a good/credible tone for guitar with ONLY free softwares.
So I decided to pick up a famous guitarist and copy his settings! shrug

I know it's not 100% perfect, but this is the best I've obtained. What do you think? Do you have extra advices? :toast

[Warning] : This video contains high levels of 80s shredding and improvisations :thumbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Nice playing, good job :thumbs

As for the sound, it is audibly software but I know of no software that can do much better, free or commercial. Still a long way to go till they sound like a real quality amp. Maybe in a decade or so when we get 128 bit/960kHz with a proper guitar-compatible preamp installed. But knowing the limitations of the current setups, you did really well :headbang

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 pm 
Kramer Maniac

This is pretty cool man! I personally have been working nearly 100% with digital modeling on my computer for all my guitar tones for about a year now; for me its just so much easier to record this way and a lot easier to perfect my tone to how I want it. No messing with mics, room placement, tubes, speakers, etc; all of that can be change via settings.

Like anyone who has checked out my little covers I post here, ya'll probably know I'm a huge lover of positive grid bias. I havn't found a single tone I can't do well in that program. It's pretty cool.

This is a neat little video though Lorenzo! I've actually been meaning to record a little video showing how I setup my guitar tones for recording and such and share my Lynch settings as well as the tone I've just most recently created that I think is pretty killer! That and this little evh patch I made a while back... complete with that odd reverb panning, hahah!

You may have just gave me that little extra push/ motivation to put those out there!! Keep it up man!

Check out my Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/jarrod-beauchemin
Or Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/javamony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

Great job! :headbang
Pretty close for computer code anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Good job, Lorenzo. :thumbs

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 pm 
Kramer Maniac

_xxx_ wrote:
Maybe in a decade or so when we get 128 bit/960kHz with a proper guitar-compatible preamp installed. But knowing the limitations of the current setups, you did really well :headbang

You're goddamn right! We're just started to create good softwares of guitar amps etc, and I can clearly recognize the "digital" sound when I increase the volume of my speakers. I hope it will be like you said as soon as possible haha :D Thanks for compliments! :toast

Jarrodthebobo wrote:
for me its just so much easier to record this way and a lot easier to perfect my tone to how I want it. No messing with mics, room placement, tubes, speakers, etc; all of that can be change via settings.

I've actually been meaning to record a little video showing how I setup my guitar tones for recording and such and share my Lynch settings as well as the tone I've just most recently created that I think is pretty killer!

You may have just gave me that little extra push/ motivation to put those out there!! Keep it up man!

Yeah! I use softwares for the same reasons : no space for recordings real amps etc. They need so much effort and work! :bang
I'm SUPER happy I've pushed you to publish your tones! I'm really curios to know how You've built the Lynch one! :yikes :not

sixstring wrote:
Great job! :headbang
Pretty close for computer code anyway.
KickstartMyHeart wrote:
Good job, Lorenzo. :thumbs

Thank you so much my friends! :toast :fly

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:35 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Great video and topic, thank you for your efforts and post here.

I stumbled upon Agile Partner's AmpKit and have been using it with a Peavey 6534+ setup for my own EVH inspired tones.

One can download a free version of the software but with limited amps, cabs and effects. Compared to the other modled amp/recording software its fairly inexpensive at $34.99 US.

Alas, only designed for Mac users though. Supported platforms are Mac desktops/laptops, iPhones and iPads. OSX 10.9 or later. 64 bit processor.

Developers Site:
http://agilepartners.com/apps/ampkitmac/

Cheers.

- CF -

My virtual rig setup, click the amp image below to enlarge.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:18 pm 
Kramer Maniac

After finally opening my eyes to EQ Tone match IR cabinets, I think you can get the tone much quicker using them.

You'll need:

Your favorite DAW

Voxengo Deconvolver (demo works fine for this task)

An EQ plugin with matching functionality, like Voxengo CurveEQ

Media with the isolated guitar tone you want.

Impluse response loader, like LeCab2 (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=958) to load your finished cab.

Follow the steps in this video:

It might seem difficult at first, but it's really a simple process.

I created an new project in my daw, imported the test sound, set up the input for the source file and another for the recording of my tone. I saved it and now I just open it, import the source tone, and play. I then create the impulse response in about 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm 
Kramer Maniac

A repost of my previous due to my linked image being broken as I did not have an imgbb account set up.

---

Great video and topic, thank you for your efforts and post here.

I stumbled upon Agile Partner's AmpKit and have been using it with a Peavey 6534+ setup for my own EVH inspired tones.

One can download a free version of the software but with limited amps, cabs and effects. Compared to the other modled amp/recording software its fairly inexpensive at $34.99 US.

Alas, only designed for Mac users though. Supported platforms are Mac desktops/laptops, iPhones and iPads. OSX 10.9 or later. 64 bit processor.

Developers Site:
http://agilepartners.com/apps/ampkitmac/

My AmpKit virtual rig's

Cheers.

- C F -