Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 am 
Kramer Maniac

What they told me in my one minute call with them is this: Korean Kramers were being manufactured by another company and not them but that company shut down last year and there are no Korean Kramers being made anymore. Kramers are currently still being produced at the Indonesian Samick factory however. Whether that means the Indonesian factory is making models that used to be made in Korea like the Vintage series I don't know. But what you can be certain of is that there are no Kramer guitars being manufactured in Korea anymore but the Indonesian Samick plant is still churning out Kramer guitars. Take that for what it's worth. On hindsight I really should have visited the Korean plant that were making Kramers, but I was just too lazy to make phonecalls. :headbang :toast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm 
Kramer Maniac

HowlinWolf wrote:
What they told me in my one minute call with them is this: Korean Kramers were being manufactured by another company and not them but that company shut down last year and there are no Korean Kramers being made anymore. Kramers are currently still being produced at the Indonesian Samick factory however. Whether that means the Indonesian factory is making models that used to be made in Korea like the Vintage series I don't know. But what you can be certain of is that there are no Kramer guitars being manufactured in Korea anymore but the Indonesian Samick plant is still churning out Kramer guitars. Take that for what it's worth. On hindsight I really should have visited the Korean plant that were making Kramers, but I was just too lazy to make phonecalls. :headbang :toast

WOW! Thanks for that information. This further confirms that Gibson may be getting rid of the Kramer brand. I kinda wish the higher end Kramers were made in the Indonesian Samick plant because the equality would have been better and more consistent. The writing is definitely on the wall for Kramer. This is just another piece in the puzzle :chainsaw :bananahead I hope the SM-1 that I ordered actually comes. It may be my last chance for an SM-1.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm 
Kramer Maniac

At least they are still being made. It gives some hope that the brand isn't quite dead just yet. I'm like the rest of us in the holding pattern of wait and see. I just can't believe that they are repeating the endorsement lessons of the 80's. Doesn't make sense to me. scratch_head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:19 pm 
Kramer Maniac

HowlinWolf wrote:
What they told me in my one minute call with them is this: Korean Kramers were being manufactured by another company and not them but that company shut down last year and there are no Korean Kramers being made anymore.

I had a suspicion that the Korean Kramers weren't being made by Samick and this confirms it. Had they been made by Samick then there wouldn't have been so many quality issues I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:32 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Hm, the last really good product with the K-name on imo. After that, ... not so much. And there´s nothing even remotely korean or indonesian on it :pimp .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:33 am 

I just got a new '84 from Sweetwater and it was made in in Indonesia - so it looks like they are making the full line now.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Rafikiknowtheway wrote:
I just got a new '84 from Sweetwater and it was made in in Indonesia - so it looks like they are making the full line now.

Hey man, welcome to the forum and you've gotta upload some pics of your new '84 guitar. I want to see the 'made in Indonesia' part specifically, and the guitar of course. :toast

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:55 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Oh is this similar to what you bought? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K84VRWHCF

Wow check out that logo on the back of the headstock... '40 years 1976-2016' 'Proudly Designed In The USA'! :roll

How do you like this guitar Rafikiknowtheway?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:24 pm 

Thanks - yeah that is it - just like that. It plays great. From what I can remember it feels and plays just like the one I had a few years back. I was always on the lookout for the white one but never could snag it in time. Lol I think I put a notify me when in stock like a year ago w/ sweetwater - got the in stock email last week and picked it up!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:51 am 
Kramer Kingpin

HowlinWolf wrote:
Wow check out that logo on the back of the headstock... '40 years 1976-2016' 'Proudly Designed In The USA'! :roll

And it´s not even a lie :roll .

They learned from guys like Steve Jobs how to do it "Designed in California. Assembled in China." :thumbs

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs