Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Writing on the Wall
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:55 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I had a feeling months ago that Gibson might have put the kibosh on Kramer, and now it seems that that's probably true. A Korean online store actually sold a red sm-1 so there must be more than one red sm-1 out there. :roll I have a Pacer Classic, I'd like to get a Baretta Vintage and a Satchel Pacer Vintage someday. If this is the end then so be it, I don't think anyone's world would be crumbling down due to Gibson Kramer no longer making guitars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 am 
Kramer Maniac

HowlinWolf wrote:
I had a feeling months ago that Gibson might have put the kibosh on Kramer, and now it seems that that's probably true. A Korean online store actually sold a red SM-1 so there must be more than one red sm-1 out there. :roll I have a Pacer Classic, I'd like to get a Baretta Vintage and a Satchel Pacer Vintage someday. If this is the end then so be it, I don't think anyone's world would be crumbling down due to Gibson Kramer no longer making guitars.

It does seem like Gibson is going to sell the brand or just hold it and let it die. Satchel is now with Charvel, only one Kramer at NAMM 2017 and it was just a different color and just thrown in with the Epiphones. Dr. Epiphone barely said anything about it like he know there done!

And the website hasn't been updated in 2 years...
Very sad, I always loved Kramers and all the 80's guitars. I sat too long on getting any and now they are practically non existent to buy new here in Toronto! I managed to find two new 85 Baretta's and jumped on them. Sure hope it's not the end but all signs seem to indicate that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:53 am 
Kramer Kommander

Frankly, Musicraft made Kramer-copies wipe the floor even with the original 80's ESP-made Kramers. Top-notch work and great woods used, certainly a much better deal than anything from Yo/Gibson. Add the Kramer decal and you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Satchel and his Charvel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:24 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Seeing that kitty and the title, I somehow had to think of Tigers of Pan Tang scratch_head

I found that color fugly, but I do understand it's part of their Image.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

Soloist body with strat HS!! vomit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:59 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Still a Kramer bass there, for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am 
Kramer Kingpin

I really dig the Charvy and the Nugent reference, that is :thumbs .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Odd that Gibson would spend what money they did promoting the Satchel series, only to fold the name shortly thereafter. I find the whole Steel Panther schtick tiresome. The songs and lyrics suck. The only thing they had going for them was Russ' talent, which is wasted in that band, and I use the term band very loosely.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm 
Kramer Maniac

2112 wrote:
Odd that Gibson would spend what money they did promoting the Satchel series, only to fold the name shortly thereafter. I find the whole Steel Panther schtick tiresome. The songs and lyrics suck. The only thing they had going for them was Russ' talent, which is wasted in that band, and I use the term band very loosely.

Yeah I never got into steel Panther because in essence it's poking fun at the whole era of music that I love. When I look back I don't feel the flashy guitars and clothes were cheesy at all. It was was cool and still looks cool to me now...lol.
If they actually tried to be a serious band with the occasional funny song making fun of the hair metal genre I could deal with that but I't just too much for me. Plus they wear wigs don't they? I mean if your bald yeah ok fine..because you have an excuse but if you got the mane just grow it...live for metal..that means hair too if you got it!!! lol... :headbang

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next