Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Discussing The Nite-V
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:58 pm 
Kramer Maniac

The Nite-V is a nice looking V. While they might only be available from Sam Ash now(?), it does look like some were produced within the last year. I can find precious little information on the Nite-V, so I'm wondering if anyone else here has one or experience with them?

I bought one of the cool looking "storm trooper" white models that was new-old-stock from 2014. Unfortunately there seems to be a frequent flaw in these where the finish cracks around the bolt-on neck pocket, but the rest of the body and neck seem fine. Looking into it I see that finish flaw on several that have been up for sale recently. It isn't really visible at arm's length. I'm not sure if this continued to happen in later years of production, or whether it ever happened to the cheaper black model? Also, the frets are kind of rough out of the box and need to be polished. Some basic QC problems there.

I'm a beginner, so I can't tell if this has much effect on how it plays. I pluck the strings and it makes the right sounds. I still need to set the action and neck profile, and make sure there isn't a major problem with that. Since I'm a noob there's a lot of trial and error for me with the truss rod and bridge adjustments, but I've gotta learn this stuff anyway. Then, the intonation as well. I'm not too worried about it sounding spectacular, since I'm a beginner. It's just gotta be playable, with no weird action or resonance problems.

The black and white models are regularly available on Reverb, but I have never seen the Charlie Parra signature model in the hands of anyone except Charlie Parra. It's on the Sam Ash site for order. Has anyone seen one of those "in the wild"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:16 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Usually you will get great information and advice here if you can post a pic or two. It is sort of a pain getting up to speed with posting pics, but once you figure it out, it's not that bad.

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:29 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I'm mostly just wondering if there are other Nite-V owners here, and trying to kick-start a discussion of the Nite-V, and I'm wondering if anyone has actually seen the Charlie Parra Nite-V in real life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:15 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Welcome :toast .

The MII Kramers are good entry level guitars with good playability at a decent coin which make for great platforms to enhance their basic outfit. I bought a 2011 Kramer Pacer Classic when they came out and it´s decent with upgrades to a FRT1000 and SD pickups.

My gripe with them is the Nato body which technically is some sort of mahogany but resonates just like the hyper fast grown and faster dried cheapass wood that it is - pretty dead.

Since they all come from the same factory I guess that holds true for the other models too.

But again, they are decent entry level guitars which have a great bang-for-the-buck relation shrug .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 am 
Kramer Maniac

Interesting comment on the wood. "Mahogany" sounds good, but I guess it is as vague as "rosewood". It might be a completely different thing than my other two "mahogany" guitars.

The white Nite-V comes with Seymour Duncan branded pickups which I'm guessing are most of the $300 markup over the base black model, as well as the reason it costs over $100 more than my other two guitars in this price range.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am 
Kramer Kingpin

The only thing I like about the nite-v is that it has a pointy HS like the good old days.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am 
Kramer Maniac

sixstring wrote:
The only thing I like about the nite-v is that it has a pointy HS like the good old days.

But I thought the V in the old days came with the rounded maple headstock...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

bkrownd wrote:
sixstring wrote:

But I thought the V in the old days came with the rounded maple headstock...

I meant in general.
There wasn't a nite-v in the 80s.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:14 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Vintage Vs can have a variety of headstocks, I've even seen super early ones with the pre-lawsuit Strat head.

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I will say...the neck looks nice overall, but it could be a lot straighter.