Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:36 am 
Kramer Kommander

If you want to try something radically new, this may be an option:

http://www.projectguitar.com/product_re ... system-r4/

They cost an arm and leg in the states ($400+), but just over 200€ over here in Europe. Fully adjustable saddles, intonation setting with just a screwdriver, no need to cut off ball ends and other nifty stuff. It needs a floyd route, won't work for top-mount like old pacers (the spring plate requires routing).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:12 pm 
Kramer Maniac

kremark wrote:
Another idea that I have seen and looks interesting is taking a crayola crayon (white?) and melting the end a bit with a lighter and filling the hole with the partially molten wax and it seems to set up up quite well.

Brilliant idea, I'm open to trying that out myself. :headbang

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 pm 
Kramer Maniac

_xxx_ wrote:
If you want to try something radically new, this may be an option:

http://www.projectguitar.com/product_re ... system-r4/

They cost an arm and leg in the states ($400+), but just over 200€ over here in Europe. Fully adjustable saddles, intonation setting with just a screwdriver, no need to cut off ball ends and other nifty stuff. It needs a floyd route, won't work for top-mount like old pacers (the spring plate requires routing).

Interesting product, but I'd take an OFR over this any day. :toast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:59 pm 
Kramer Kommander

This is milled out of solid block of bell brass, don't judge by the looks. The tone is killer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 pm 
Kramer Maniac

So do you own this bridge? Like I said it looks interesting to me, I appreciate that you've made me aware of this product, but if I were to use something like this it would be on a new build. On this 80s guitar I'm sticking with old school and an original Floyd. :headbang

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10 pm 
Kramer Maniac

My first wood neck Kramer was a 2000 like this, in the darkish CAR, and it also had a copy Floyd. I didn't pay much for it, and other than the fact that the Floyd had been replaced, it was a good little guitar, and I gigged it for a couple of years, until I replaced it with a low C series CAR Pacer Imperial. I always guessed the guy who sold it to me probably got more for the Floyd than he did for the 2000, but it worked out for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 pm 
Kramer Maniac

warbrill wrote:
My first wood neck Kramer was a 2000 like this, in the darkish CAR, and it also had a copy Floyd. I didn't pay much for it, and other than the fact that the Floyd had been replaced, it was a good little guitar, and I gigged it for a couple of years, until I replaced it with a low C series CAR Pacer Imperial. I always guessed the guy who sold it to me probably got more for the Floyd than he did for the 2000, but it worked out for me.

Cool man... :headbang So do you still have that particular CAR Pacer Imperial? How many Pacer Imperials do you have currently if you don't mind me asking? I remember you saying that you gig with a bunch of those. :toast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:38 am 
Kramer Kommander

HowlinWolf wrote:
So do you own this bridge?

Not yet, I have no guitars with deep route, only flush mount. I tried it on a guitar from a friend of mine and it sounds awesome.

The obvious advantage is being able to set the height of the saddles individually, so it'll fit any radius.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:23 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Cool man... :headbang So do you still have that particular CAR Pacer Imperial? How many Pacer Imperials do you have currently if you don't mind me asking? I remember you saying that you gig with a bunch of those. :toast[/quote]

I have four Imperials, one B-series, two C-series and a D (nanner). The CAR is a Sports neck, and is in my avatar. Recently I gigged twice with a C-series Deluxe (black), but the CAR and a blueburst Imperial are my usual gigging guitars.

I had some friends with whom I've played in various bands over the past 30+ years over yesterday afternoon for a shits-and-giggles jam, and I played my black Deluxe, when I wasn't playing piano. We did a lot of different musical styles, so the versatility was really important. But if I'm doing a rock show per se, it's the CAR Imp most often.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:43 pm 
Kramer Maniac

_xxx_ wrote:
HowlinWolf wrote:
So do you own this bridge?

Not yet, I have no guitars with deep route, only flush mount. I tried it on a guitar from a friend of mine and it sounds awesome.

The obvious advantage is being able to set the height of the saddles individually, so it'll fit any radius.

Coolz... so you gotta get a new guitar with deep route! :roll