Enter the Strykus (or meet the Focker). This ridiculously drawn out project begins with my 2nd ever guitar which was a Striker 600ST. Eventually the CAR body got a new neck and subsequently that neck got a new body.
On the old KF I learned of the prevalence of plywood in Korean models so I just sanded through the red and silver and low and behold, a 2-piece solid body.
So I figured let's show off this grain and decided on a burst. The finish is an amber water-based furniture dye, a root beer metallic lacquer from a rattle can followed by spraymax 2K clear. Because I sold the original neck quite a while ago, I found a focus neck and a plate which required me to dowel and redrill the 4 holes in the body.
Although not soldered just yet, the singles are imported '60s like alnico in the 7k range. The humbucker is a Dimarzio air zone. The wiring is a bit complex and I may follow this post up with a diagram and explanation. Thanks for viewing!
I don't usually find a use for this smiley
, but I like so there you have it.