Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:46 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Kramer projects
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:38 am 
Kramer Maniac

Ok a little later than I said but here they are. These have been done between 2014 and 2017. Couple of small changes to make but that’s it.
So we have in a kind of sparkly blue a 1985 baretta which has the larger neck plate. It has an 86 block logo neck refretted with large fret wire (kinda wish I had gone with medium now). It came to me with a poor quality route for a neck pickup :nono this was filled, original paint was completely trashed hence the refinish. Neck was also refinished to give it that yellowed aged look and to smooth out the back. All the hardware apart from the tool holder is from the Lynchretta so only fitted last week, pickup is a SD Custom Custom. Sounds and plays great but it’s one heavy weight mofo.

Next up is another baretta this one is a 1986 in flip flop pink with a very nice tranny neck. The neck was from wizball (Dave) and in his own words ‘it’s the most comfortable tranny I’ve ever had in my hand) :roll . This is way liter than the blue one but has a huge tone and it’s loud too, that’s before you plug it into an amp. Seriously is is as loud as a hollow body guitar and has great sustain. This is a current favourite player of mine. It’s got a fe dings and knocks but sure as hell rocks. Pickup is a brand new JB I order a reverse zebra but got a regular zebra instead. Still looks good a sounds great, standard pole spacing. There is also a big brass 37mm block and a big heavy brass trem claw, Floyd is dive only. Last job to do on this one is upgrade the tuners then it’s done.

Finally is my Pacer Custom 2 based on a neck from a pc2 but the body is an F-6000 in flip flop magenta. This is another very comfortable player, neck is quite slim c shape R2 (actually all these are R2 nuts). This has some dings but is a good solid player. JB in the bridge with a pair of Iron Gear single coils, these singles are ok but think I’ll upgr them at some point. Gold hardware looks cool, floyd has a big brass 37mm block and is five only, nice natural sustain gets a good tone think kinda like youth gone wild skid row. Remaining jobs to do are tuner upgrades as these are cheap not great quality, then the single coil upgrades I mentioned.

Think these are definitely my very last project guitars as I just wanna play now. All my guitars are keepers (I never sell) these 3 included.
Just waiting on the repair of my stagey now and that’s it going to focus on my tone.
Regarding the stagey I have found out it was made in March 1988 but not found any more information on why my deluxe 1 is different to others.
Anyway here are some pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:10 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 am 
Kramer Kingpin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:41 am 
Kramer Maniac

drool Sweet!!!!

86 Focus 3000
87 Focus 1000
89 Baretta
99 Les Paul Classic
2013 Edwards E-LP-125ALS