Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Stagemaster deluxe 1 NGD
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 am 
Kramer Maniac

Hi I use to be a member on the old Kramer forum and recently found this place. I didn’t post much but my forum name was Blitz.

So I recently bought this gorgeous stagemaster deluxe 1. Sadly whoever packed it up for shipping at the store didn’t do a great job and it arrived with a busted headstock. This is thankfully in hand and I’ve had a partial refund to pay for the repair so hopefully all will be well.
It’s trans red mint condition apart from the headstock of course.
Thing is it’s slightly different than most deluxe 1’s I’ve seen online. In fact I’ve only seen one other like it so far which happened to be the same colour and is the serial number right after mine.
So my question is did Kramer change the design at some point during the production run? Do any of you guys have a deluxe 1 with the deluxe 2 control layout and electronics cavity?

Can’t wait to get it back and finally start playing it.

Hopefully these photo links will work if I remember how to do this that is.

This is the humbucker cavity it’s not the best picture but the writing says DX-1 STRed

Humbucker has been changed to this DiMarzio don’t really know much about it and because of the headstock couldn’t really try it out.

Stagemaster ‘s are one range of Kramer Guitars I’m really not very familiar with.
If you have any information on this thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:05 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Good looking fiďdle, hope the repair goes well.
Welcome back! :bananahead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 am 
Kramer Maniac

Welcome back Chris. I am not a Stagey owner, but she looks sweet!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Good to see you back, Chris :toast .

That is a fine Stagey you´ve gotten yourself there. Hope the repair goes well.

BTW: Could you finally sort out the issues with your JS?

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Kramer Maniac

Hey guys

Thanks it’s good to be back.

It’s a great looking guitar and would have been an easy 9.5 out of 10 maybe a touch higher for its age. The wood looks great through the trans red.
Sadly due to The breakage I could only tune like the low E, A and just about the D strings lol so not really enough to get a good idea of tone and playability. Whoever restrung it last and set it up has no idea how to setup a Floyd. I kid you not the action on my acoustic was lower than on this thing. I tried lowering the floyd and it went way down :) only at that point tuning was impossible. It did show me that low comfortable action is possible.

Whoever the previous owner was they changed the 5 way selector for a 3 way! :poke and removed the small toggle switch :bong oh well to each their own I guess.
I will be returning it to standard switching and wiring once it’s repaired, I’ll also do an assessment of this DiMarzio pickup and see if it’s any good or needs replacing.

Needs a good clean to there was something disturbingly sticky on the back of the body vomit I guess not everyone cleans products before they go to a customer let alone the rest...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:36 am 
Kramer Kingpin

You did get the JS sorted.
I remember you had a creamsicle orange sustainer body, did that get put together?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 am 
Kramer Maniac

KickstartMyHeart wrote:
Good to see you back, Chris :toast .

That is a fine Stagey you´ve gotten yourself there. Hope the repair goes well.

BTW: Could you finally sort out the issues with your JS?

Thanks I hope so too, at £699 I thought I got a good deal. Hopefully the repair is good and it’s all in the past then.

My JS wow how long ago was that now? 5 or 6 years? Any way yes it got done and is a completely different beast now. As well as all the rework needed I had a chat with the luthier about the neck, he said the clear finish was WAY too think and had in fact started to crack and was in danger of chipping off the neck. We spoke about what to do and ge stripped the back and re-carved the neck from a huge chunky les Paul style C shape to a slimmer flat D shape. It’s not as slim as say a Vintage Kramer neck but it is a vast improvement. The whole guitar in fact is better, like I say a totally different beast. Tone playability etc.

Since the end of the last forum I’ve brought back to life an 85 baretta with an 86 neck and an 86 baretta which has a tranny neck, both great guitars but that 86 with the tranny plays and sound like drool

How is everyone?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 am 
KF ADMIN

Quote:
Since the end of the last forum I’ve brought back to life an 85 baretta with an 86 neck and an 86 baretta which has a tranny neck, both great guitars but that 86 with the tranny plays and sound like

:worthless

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:49 am 
Kramer Maniac

sixstring wrote:
I remember you had a creamsicle orange sustainer body, did that get put together?

Oh my sustainer haha yeah I finished it up, got a slight wiring issue I’ve been meaning to fix but it’s nice.
I had a hell of a time posting the stagey pictures from my phone seeing as photobucket changed how you share pictures so I need upload my photos to my new account and I’ll post some updates soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Chris856 wrote:
sixstring wrote:

Oh my sustainer haha yeah I finished it up, got a slight wiring issue I’ve been meaning to fix but it’s nice.
I had a hell of a time posting the stagey pictures from my phone seeing as photobucket changed how you share pictures so I need upload my photos to my new account and I’ll post some updates soon.

:thumbs

See here for posting pics.
viewtopic.php?f=34&p=15783#p15783