Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Welcome indeed. That's a rare color for a sustainer. You don't see those everyday. I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:54 pm 
Kramer Maniac

menace wrote:
:cen drool drool drool drool :cen

Welcome to the Kramer Forums!

Way to kick in the door and announce your arrival! :thumbs

My sentiments exactly. Kee-uk Assss!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Del Hudson wrote:
Welcome indeed. That's a rare color for a sustainer. You don't see those everyday. I like it.

Thanks man...I believe its called Champagne. It actually changes color depending on which angle you look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Fret-Shredder wrote:
...I believe its called Champagne.

It is :thumbs .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:27 am 
Kramer Maniac

KickstartMyHeart wrote:
Fret-Shredder wrote:
...I believe its called Champagne.

It is :thumbs .

If anyone has more info on Sustainers than the vintage kramer page please chime in as Im interested in trying to find out more info on my Sustainer. I have been on the vintage Kramer web page and I have come to the conclusion from my serial number F 85xx that I have a combination of things going on with my Sustainer. 1st... its an 87-89 time period and correct me if Im wrong but from my understanding thats an early Sustainer and early Sustainers shouldnt have a battery compartment yet mine does. The way the LED works is also determined by the year of the guitar... Mine is set up to come on once the batteries get low. I've seen videos of Sustainers with a Green LED on when the Sustainer is engaged and others with a RED LED once engaged so Im TOTALLY confused on the LED and if the year matters on how it works. Another thing with my guitar is you cannot turn on the Sustainer feature until a cable is plugged into the input of the guitar. The other end doesnt even need to be plugged into the amp. I've seen a guy on Youtube be able to turn his on without a cable being plugged in. I like that mine works the way it does because you cant accidentally leave it on. Anyway... if you can add to my confusion please chime in. scratch_head Thanks in advance. Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am 
Kramer Kingpin

AFAIK did the earlier Sustainer not have the separate compartment for the batteries but had them crammed in the electronic compartment which could cause damage to the board. On them the light was red and not when the unit was engaged but only when the battery was dying. But there are peeps here who'll chime in with the correct infos :thumbs .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am 
Kramer Kommander

That with plugging in the cable is normal for anything battery-powered, be it sustainer, or booster or whatever. The battery on switch is in the barrel jack and gets turned on when you plug in the cable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 am 
Kramer Maniac

Nice guitar and I really like the color.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am 
Kramer Maniac

Just from my limited knowledge I have tried to obtain about my Sustainer.
I own an early one.
Early ones were very basic in appearance and have no binding on the neck. Only binding on the head stock. Dot inlays on the fret board, Kramer name on 12th fret.
They had no battery compartment. The 2 batteries were located in the electronics cavity. They had one red LED light to indicate when the battery was low. I think the early ones all will work if they are turned on without being plugged in, resulting in a dead battery in a day. Maybe they changed this? I remember when they were new, music stores would demo them that way.
Early color options were Black, Red, Blue, and White.

Later the claws would show up as an option on fret boards.
Binding would be on the side of the fret board.
Then the battery routing behind the tremolo cavity, along with the green LED indicator (on) light. More color options.

There are 2 types of circuit boards. Early and Late. The blue prints are on vintagekramer.

As usual you cant rely on Kramer serial numbers to date a time frame.
These pic's are from when I first bought it. This guitar sounds AWESOME with a Duncan 78 custom trembucker now in it.

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I can confirm that my model utilizes the LED when the batteries are low which should indicate early circuitry. I purposely drained both 9 volts down to about 6 volts each and the LED now lights up when I turn ON the sustainer. My body has the separate battery compartment which should make it a later model too. Strange.