Identification help!!!

Discussion about the identification of Kramer Guitars and Kramer history
Mstro

Identification help!!!

Post by Mstro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am

[*]Im looking to restore this kramer back to what it would have been like coming out of the factory, the only information I got for it was that it is a pacer model that was sold (body only) at the sale Kramer had In New Jersey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-s-Kramer-Gu ... %7Ciid%3A1

menace
KF ADMIN

Re: Identification help!!!

Post by menace » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Tell me you did not pay $650.00 for that...... :yikes
It's not really hoarding if your shit is cool....

LhKramer
Kramer Kingpin

Post by LhKramer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:42 pm

menace wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:57 pm Tell me you did not pay $650.00 for that...... :yikes
THIS!!! :yikes

Amnd dear god not this seller!! :cen
2017 fender player floyd converted
1986 Kramer Pacer Custom
2020 marsmountain v project

All Lefty's shrug :headbang

Sluggy
Kramer Maniac

Post by Sluggy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:44 pm

The listing is still active so it hasn’t sold yet. shrug

Dirty D
Kramer Kommander

Post by Dirty D » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Welp, even if you did, you're on the journey now, so might as well embrace it and make this your dream Kramer.
Crackle Kramers are rare, Deluxes are cool, and this could become a real prize.

Please don't get discouraged at any negative reaction. It's not about you or this body. The reaction is because the seller is well-known here and not respected for a number of reasons, one of which is his prices are considered predatory and exploitive of people who might not fully understand what they are buying. Other might elaborate... or not.

That is a late-80s Pacer Deluxe body. The toughest part to find will be the pickguard. I probably have one I could let go (for you, my friend... special price of $650). The holes often don't line up from one to the next, but that's less important since your body has some hole alignment issues already. That will not matter at all and will be invisible when built up, it simply diminished the value of the body from a collector's standpoint. The correct neck plate would be a late "E" or early "F" series. I have that also.

What's cool to me about this is the color scheme is reminiscent of Eddie's Frankie and 5150 guitars, and will be even more so with black pickguard. The "correct" (OEM) neck would be a pointy neck with either rosewood or maple board. Maple boards cost you more on the used market. Given my comment about the prospect of an EVH-homage color scheme, I'd personally bit the bullet and install a maple board neck, and I actually think this would look super cool with a banana neck as alternative to pointy.

The "correct" (OEM) hardware would be black, but if you were going for an EVH-homage thing, then chrome would be cool too.

Congrats! It's a SUPER cool body and has been discussed here previously. We're just bummed on your behalf if you got taken advantage of and paid more than us cheap-ass-bastards would be willing to pay. On the other hand, you'll probably never see another one of these again. I've got a back crackle Pacer Custom 1, and you see black/white ones every now and then, but this is the only crackle Deluxe I've ever seen in any color, let alone colors reminiscent of EVH guitars. Welcome to the forum!
:toast
SO many projects, so little time!

Classic II red Tele
a few other sweet ones!!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

Dirty D
Kramer Kommander

Post by Dirty D » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:47 pm

guess I jumped the gun... he hasn't bought it yet.
Can I get my 15 minutes of life back, please?
:bang
SO many projects, so little time!

Classic II red Tele
a few other sweet ones!!
some lumies & Spectors
buncha projects that'll eventually get done
some that won't
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

sixstring
Kramer Kingpin

Post by sixstring » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:08 pm

vomit
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.

Mstro

Post by Mstro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Thank each and every one of you for your replies! I have not bought it and won't let myself spend that much money on a body alone. Ive sent in offers below the asking $ but havnt had any luck with catching a break yet. I absolutely love the color of the guitar and am so curious to this guys bottom dollar as this is the 2nd time I've seen it listed. I do love the idea of putting a maple neck banana headstock on it. Would look amazing to replicate the crackle on the headstock ( if I were to devote the rest of my life trying to match the body crackle 🤣). Thank you all for the heads up!

leftykramerguy
Kramer Maniac

Post by leftykramerguy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 pm

Excellent cost performance is a strong friend of a left-handed guitarist!
82-83 The Duke Bass White
85 Ferrington KFS-2 Black
86 Focus 1000 White
87 Focus 1000 Black
87 Focus 6000 Black
87 American Pacer Custom I project FF Blue
88 Focus 700ST Bass Blue
2000 FR-422SML Red

Kramerman65
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kramerman65 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 pm

If that were my dream guitar body and I had won the lottery I wouldn't buy from that seller.
Trust me and others who have commented, stay far away....

If this is your dream and you're willing to lay that kind of cash out there are a couple guys who can replicate this finish.
Probably cost you about the same.

If you need names of those guys PM me I can put you in touch.