Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
 Post subject: real baretta?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

wizball wrote:
How much have you got to spend on a Baretta?

dielaughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:24 am 
Kramer Kingpin

wizball wrote:
How much have you got to spend on a Baretta?

Sensing something here :roll .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 am 
Kramer Maniac

HA, well right now nothing. I got a little bit of money and bought my first 7 string (dont think I like it) and a mini router for doing inlays.

If I do not find myself ever being comfortable with the 7 string I'll likely sell it and have a little void to fill. At this juncture my budget was around 500 canadian, which likely wouldnt buy anything made in america. I'm happy with made in japan, this new LTD i got is made in the PRC. aesthetically its nice, fretwork is decent actually, but it sounds lifeless and the 7th string is just in the way and when I try play it it sounds as limp as me after too many ryes.

I think for me what I like about the baretta is the simplicity. I use the neck pickup 10% of the time and could live without it for the music I prefer, and the no pickguard empty layout highlights the curves of the body. the premium guitars seem more sculpted to me. If they play better that would be a value added bonus for me, I like the look and think it would translate to better comfort as well. That's why I prefer the baretta over the pacers with 2 hums, but a pacer with one pickup would do it for me as well, though the slanted pickup is pretty flash.

anyways, as has been said, I'll just try get used to this 7 string thing and get my focus done and if I feel the same way down the road I may come back here with more money and a desire for the real deal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Don´t rush it. Take your time and strike when you find a real good one. It´s really worth it. But I know the feeling when your blood is boiling and you seemingly can´t wait any longer :thumbs .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 am 
Kramer Maniac

I'm a rush in kind of guy and I always regret it. I find the best thing I can do is tell my wife what I want to do...she gives me hell and keeps me from being impulsive and allows me to sleep on it for a while. If after that while I still want it I go get it and let the joy of biuying it overpower her yelling lol.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:12 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Save the money and buy a real one. There's a reason for everything - just as there is a reason for the design elements of the Baretta. In my honest opinion, the best sounding ones have always been the maple ones. May be counterintuitive to use maple, and a Floyd, and a humbucker... but the Schaller Golden 50 is not exactly a hot pickup. This setup works and sounds great with a naturally overdriven amp. And the maple actually "smoothens" out pick attack, and adds sustain. Great for legato work (think Lynch - that's pretty much his setup on his ESPs.) But they were designed this way intentionally. The JB is a good pickup alternative and I like the sound as well, but not as much as the original Schallers in the 84-85 Barettas. I had an 86 with what seemed to be an alder body, and it was good, but I let that go. I also had a NOS 87 Baretta I that was the lightest Baretta I ever had, but it was just different.

Besides the chase is just as fun as the score. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 am 
Kramer Maniac

Hey guys, I'm not buying anything, just trying to figure out what the little switches on this guitar do. I love the look of it!!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/ottawa/v ... nFlag=true

I figure one would be coil tap, whats the other one?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 am 
KF ADMIN

Why do they always butcher the white ones?? :bang :bang :bang

God only knows as there should have only been a volume knob, a tone knob, and the input jack....

The rest is a marvelous Pacer Special that has been modded, up to and including adding the Floyd.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 am 
Kramer Maniac

I thought the stadards had a 3 way switch for coil tapping...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 pm 
KF ADMIN

correct.....one switch hole.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next