Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Need help with a kramer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 pm 

back story. about 12 years ago my brother had a guitar in a beat up case and let me have it. its been living in my closet ever since until last week i planed to sell it but first i wanted to see how much it was worth. the guitar always made me scratch my head because it looked like a Fender strat but said Kramer.
Ive been pretty much dissected Vintage Kramer website and talked with Roman Guitars in Las Vegas and talked to Gruhn Guitars here in Nashville.
i have what appears to be a 1981 Kramer Pacer Deluxe. it is creme colored with 3 orange racing stripes running down the center of the body. it has a fender strat head to it and after a lot of digging I've learned its called "pre lawsuit strat head". I'm sure you guys are laughing at how much I've just learned being that this is common knowledge to all of you. i have traced the Serial Number back to 1981. It does start with an "A" followed by 4 digits and has "MADE IN USA". the strat head also has the correct Kramer logo for that time period. if you go to http://www.abalonevintage.com/0_photos_ ... uitars.htm
and scroll down to 1981 you will see the creme with orange racing stripes.
I've been working to upload a photo for the past 15 minutes and someone has to approve so don't blame for a post with no pics.
Here are some caveats. I had the pickups and knobs replaced HOWEVER I have ALL the original and am getting them all reinstalled. The guitar had about 3 dings on it and a 1.5 inch crack on the finish but not to the wood. I played it about 3 times and it was in one day over the past 12 years and before that my brother never played it and he owned it for a long time.
Any help on value and popularity of this Kramer would be helpful. Peace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:48 am 
Kramer Kingpin

If that´s what you have, you own a very cool guitar.

Its sentimental value is very high. Regarding the actual value ... well, that´s where you might find it difficult to really make a dime with it shrug . To get an idea your best bet might be to check the ended (and *sold*) auctions on the bay. But, alas, in the realm of Kramers you´re entering the world of the cheapazzbazztids :roll . Tighten your seat belt and be ready for ridiculessly lowball offers for it. In the end the old Warren Buffet mantra of "price is what you pay, value is what you get" holds true. It is worth exactly what soemone is willing to pay for it - but every dog has its day and you might get lucky.

Since this is a classic you might consider playing the hell out of it instead.

And, ... welcome to KF :toast

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Welcome.
You might get lucky & find that person who is looking for exactly this guitar and is willing to spend $$$$. In pristine condition, you'll get what you ask. It's a nostalgic piece for the right Kollector but less than say a Fender of the same period. Small market.
But let's face it, someone buys a Kramer b/c it has a Floyd.
Best of luck on the sale.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 am 
Kramer Kommander

I dunno about the value, but it is a very nice guitar and if you're a player, you may just give it some work and probably you'll want to keep it after all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am 
Kramer Maniac

It’s a nice guitar and as some have mentioned, if someone is looking for that guitar they will pay up. Also as mentioned, the fact that it doesn’t have a Floyd makes your market shrink. I would search recent auction and look for “Strat Head pacer” and look for the ones without a Floyd that have sold.