What happened to the original Kramer Forum?

Questions related to the phpBB format
menace
KF ADMIN

What happened to the original Kramer Forum?

Post by menace » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:33 am

After all these years I no longer can muster the emotion- but the facts remain the same:

When it was announced that the old KF was going to be shut down, I reached out to George about letting me take it over. My offer was to make him an admin with full rights as before with none of the headaches. I would pay for the same forum software that KF was running at the end to make the transition simple. I had the server in place and everything set. I begged for a copy of the KF Database but was told NO....

Instead he promised to keep the old place open as a read only archive. History shows that lasted about a year. All of the hard work and shared knowledge by the OG members is/was lost.

It is my eternal hope that the database is someplace safe. That maybe now that years have passed he would see that I can be trusted (one of the reasons stated for not letting me take over the old place) and possibly change his mind about sharing it with me. But I will not ask again. I will continue to run this place as long as I can and to the best of my ability. We still have very knowledgeable people here about the Kramer brand. At the time of this post I am working on a plan of passage for what we have built here at KFs (what I call the place in my head) so if anything happens to me- all of the hard work will carry on for YOU.

I hope it never sounds trite when I say that YOU GUYS are what makes this place what it is.

Peace and love my brothers....

menace
Where are we going.....and why am I in this hand-basket?