Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm 
Kramer Maniac

So has u all know i picked up that trans red fourm bass of ebay well it just came in its going to be quite the project needs more work then i origally thought, glad i didnt pay the full asking price.

The good: The neck is in great shape no dings or dents just a small 1/2 inch of binding theat had broken off n reglued, the haz pre is there n hopfully it works but if not it looks like it uses redadly avible caps so ill recap the board.

The Bad: The Trans red finsh is beat to hell n back n id be lucky if a cut n buff would work theres tons of deep scratchs all over, chips n plety of dings, how the heck did the body get so bad n the neck stay so good?

The plan for this is pick up a set of Active emgs & schaller M4 180 tuners, sheild the control n pick up cavitys with the cooper tape,recap the haz board, source a fourm bass truss cover or a blank, n source a cavity cover or make my own. Was going to do a cut & buff my self but with so many deep scratches n dents n chips, Im going to scource that out as im afraid i might go into the stain, if it must go full refin then im thinkig just going Mettalic black or trans blue with gold hardware.

Any one Know if the control Cacity covers from a spector NS bass will work on a fourm bass they look the same to me, also any one intrested in doing finsh work onthis body?

THE GOOD

Good Deals With: Amerturk, barettaboggie, charv712, Doc, fett, Frunobulax, Mrcrazyhimself, popvamp, & wizball

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:13 pm 
Kramer Maniac

THE BAD:

Good Deals With: Amerturk, barettaboggie, charv712, Doc, fett, Frunobulax, Mrcrazyhimself, popvamp, & wizball

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:40 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Not a collector´s piece but a great looking player sure enough :headbang .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:14 am 
Kramer Maniac

Wire it up, throw a couple coats of turtle wax on her and call it a day.....that girl just wants to get played :hit :hit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:27 am 
Kramer Kommander

That 4 banger is screaming to get thumped!!