Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Lynchretta 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 am 
Kramer Maniac

woah, I reread your post...I loved roots!!! I hated Chaos AD though...I like guitars in standard tuning and think downtuning is cheating (if you cant sound heavy in stardard tuning its not heavy) but that album I think did it right. and the chanting and native drumming was really nice considering what chaos ad was like

whatever, different tastes. at least we can agree that the late 80s sepultura was great...and sarcofago INRI was good too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am 
Kramer Kommander

Well to me Roots was a sellout, though still ok as such shrug And I liked nothing that came after.

Cause of Death is still one of my all-time favorites and still in heavy rotation :headbang Those were the first modern death metal albums, Death's Spiritual healing and the first three Morbid Angel albums included.

Regarding well-known german bands, I actually only like the old Helloween stuff and the older Scorpions stuff. I do kinda like Blind Guardian's music, but I just hate the singer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 am 
Kramer Maniac

We agree on death metal, thats awesome.

Morbid Angel have messed around making weird dumb stuff for years but the the first 3 make up for anything they do wrong...and if I want newer morbid angel sounds I can just put on bloodbath :)

and true story...I just went out for a dart in my car and the song that was on was flatterning of emotions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am 
Kramer Kommander

Talk about coincidences, I just have Human violating my headphones at work... :headbang

I was lucky to see Morbid Angel live with original line-up a couple of years ago, believe it or not they played all the songs *exactly* like on the albums. No improvisations, no mistakes, it was outright scary to see such awesome skills live.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 am 
Kramer Maniac

MA is by far the heaviest band I have ever heard live...the sound hurt my chest...it was incredible. I love Treys weird ideas and Pete the feet is the man too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:25 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Oh yeah :headbang If Dimmu Borgir ever comes near you, that show is a real treat as well, very much worth seeing even if you're not a fan.

But now I'll stop derailing your thread :roll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Oh I dont care about thread derailing..it's me whose chatting more than anything. Here in the boonies where I live people listen to bluegrass so its nice to talk metal with someone :) Oh and I have seen Dimmu, they were great, but were blown out of the water by Moonspell. They all opened for Danzig a few years ago, so this is Dimmu with the stupid bass player singing those dumb high parts... but they opened with the mourning palace so that was sick. Danzig took a couple songs to warm up but holy moly his voice is a weapon! moonspell I'd never heard of but I fell in love, one of the best metal vocalists Ive ever heard and the songs were fantastic, so tight and well played, and they covered everything from synthy early Type O style goth stuff to modern death metal with a very dramatic flair without being wanky. They are a very creative band I dont think gets enough recognition.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Oh yes, love Type-o as well :headbang Well in reality they were a great pop band with heavy guitars and girls loved them, so I guess that's where the resentment comes from. But they had many truly great songs. Awesome and unique voice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:43 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Well they did have some proper non-pop stuff too, all of the leftover carnivore stuff on slow deep and hard, bloody kiss and white slavery are pretty metal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:32 am 
Kramer Maniac

I saw Type O Negative at the great Roseland Ballroom around 24 years ago. They opened for Danzig. Pretty crazy show!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next