Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 pm 
Kramer Maniac

AAEA wrote:
This is one of the weirdest eBay hustles I've ever heard about.

A few years back a real scum bag purchased a guitar off me then stole the real floyd rose off it and returned under the item not as described. I Got cops in on it and PayPal actually paid me the entire value of the guitar so I got my guitar and the money for it. other news the scum bag was caught doing this similar thing to a local store in his area and ended up with a Felony larceny over it. The fuckin floyd rose showed up in the mail returned to me by the police department. who knew that things actually work out.

Hope you get things resolved in your situation.

Had a similar situation where I bought something that was, ehmmmm, misrepresented, and paid for it. After a couple days, to a couple weeks, contact had stopped. I left a message with the Police in his town, and was surprised a detective got back to me. They actually went to the guy's house (that I was able to track down using some detective work of my own) and got the guy to send me the guitar. I ended up parting in and getting most of my money back, but it could have been worse and left stuck with nothing. Always thankful to that Police department for stepping up and helping out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:10 pm 
Kramer Maniac

louieatienza wrote:
AAEA wrote:
This is one of the weirdest eBay hustles I've ever heard about.

A few years back a real scum bag purchased a guitar off me then stole the real floyd rose off it and returned under the item not as described. I Got cops in on it and PayPal actually paid me the entire value of the guitar so I got my guitar and the money for it. other news the scum bag was caught doing this similar thing to a local store in his area and ended up with a Felony larceny over it. The fuckin floyd rose showed up in the mail returned to me by the police department. who knew that things actually work out.

Hope you get things resolved in your situation.

Had a similar situation where I bought something that was, ehmmmm, misrepresented, and paid for it. After a couple days, to a couple weeks, contact had stopped. I left a message with the Police in his town, and was surprised a detective got back to me. They actually went to the guy's house (that I was able to track down using some detective work of my own) and got the guy to send me the guitar. I ended up parting in and getting most of my money back, but it could have been worse and left stuck with nothing. Always thankful to that Police department for stepping up and helping out.

That's what they are there for. I think a lot of people are morons and have some weird skewed view of what it is the police do. They protect the law abiding citizens from the morons.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:53 pm 
Kramer Maniac

It has been about 3 weeks since I last posted.
No word from ebay, or the seller. I will call ebay Tuesday and see what they say.
It is looking like it could become a 2019 donation.

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:45 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I know you want to do the right thing by calling eBay about it but part of me wants you to just keep it and not say anything about it!!
Does that make me a bad person?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:07 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

gtrjunior wrote:
Does that make me a bad person?

One thing to think it & another to say aloud. :whistle

:roll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 am 
Kramer Kingpin

No harm, no foul shrug .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Why spend your time trying to set something right thats not even got much to do with you now. As i see it, balls in the sellers court now. I doubt he will even bother after all this.

its what we call a write off :roll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:10 am 
Kramer Maniac

My responses would be the below...

1) As stated when I bought the body it came with MORE damage than it was listed, i.e., new damage due to the shipping so we worked it out. End of story. Come on..."I had you over a barrel"...you could have accepted a return and I would have sent the body back right? But you chose not to and issued a partial refund.

2) When the other buyer purchased it; he didn't bother to even read the ad which clearly stated BODY ONLY in the TITLE and BODY of the listing. What do you expect when YOU DON"T BOTHER TO *** READ *** THE LISTING??? He filed a case with eBay/PayPal and they decided in his favor, I appealed and the decision was reversed and I received the funds for the purchase. One word...READ.

I've had 1000 plus positive feedbacks on eBay alone, more on Reverb and about 15 years of purchasing, trading and/or selling on multiple forums. Out of all that maybe 4 people have gotten their panties in a wad because we BOTH disagreed on some point.

In the words of Forrest Gump - "And that's all I have got to say about that".

In the words of Doc Dryer - "'Nuff said".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am 
Kramer Maniac

We all know what you did. It is called dishonesty.
You purposely mislead people in your listing. 3 other people according to you, wanted a return and refund. Yet you did not change your listing pictures or change your vague description. A body can mean loaded or not loaded.
It is on you to list an item with a clear description, and accurate and current photo's.
To not do this is a reflection on you.
The last communication I recieved from paypal stated they sided with me.
So I guess I got this body for free. Cool for me.
No big deal to me. I will pass it along to the next person.
I will make sure that it is honestly represented to the next owner.
I will make sure I post accurate pictures, and a accurate and honest description.
I have waisted enough time on this matter.
Have a wonderful day, have a great life. Whatever.
I am moving on.

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 pm 
KF ADMIN

And since you two have now had an equal chance to state your case, I am holding you both accountable to the statement that you are done with this conversation.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5