Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Flaky craigslist people.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:09 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I had a deal setup today but the guy flaked out. He wanted to trade a 7.5 condition 1985 Focus 1000 in candy red, for a Fender mexican made standard strat.
The Fender MIM Std Strat I have is black and in near mint condition. I can quickly sell my strat for $400.00.
I sent him pictures and he freaked out about being able to see wood in the tremolo cavity, on the tremolo arm side.
I told him that this is normal, and common when factories have guitars with several coats of paint. They need to sometimes remove the paint to fit the tremolo's. I told him this was common at Kramer also.
I explained to him that I am an Authorized/Certified Fender repair/warranty guitar tech and have been for a LONG time.

WTH. I don't know what is wrong with some people.
Oh well. I just put the strat on Reverb. It will sell fast.

https://reverb.com/item/11033608-fender ... 1993-black

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I've had countless people that are gung-ho at first contact, and it never materializes.

It might be a case of G.A.S. overwhelming them, then the reality sets in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Seems to come with the territory on Craigslist. A couple weeks ago I had been tracking a guitar listed at $400 that had been up for several weeks, finally I reached out hoping to probably get him down a bit more. I traded a several emails asking about condition, history, etc. - dude was on point with quick replies, attentive, sent more pics, so we confirmed meeting time for later that evening. Then I noticed he pulled the ad. Later that day I called him to confirm the meet... no reply. I sent several more emails... crickets... the fv<ker now ghosting me.

A week later he put the exact same ad back up listed at $500. I couldn't help myself, sent him an email scolding him for his lack of consideration, told him good luck with that because it was a stretch even at 400. Told him hit me back if you decide you really want to sell it instead of just playing games. Now he's pulled the ad again and put up a different ad that just says "Kramer guitar" for $1, with no pics and no additional details. Really?

I think some of these people are just honestly clueless. There was a nice condition early Striker bass in Sacramento that sat there for many weeks at $129. I was thinking next time I go up to Sac maybe I'll offer him $100 because it had a nice maple fretboard neck and beak headstock that I could put on a different body for my son or something. Anyway, seller pulled the ad and just put it back up for $500. Uh... yeah...

Seriously people, if it hasn't sold after a month, what makes you think that raising your price is going to bring a buyer?

But I will say I have had many more experiences on CL that have been very positive. I bought my Classic II Tele from a super cool guy in Sac, got a great price, and then when we met we were acknowledging too bad no original case for it, but all good because I got it cheap. Well a month or two later he hit me back because he saw a different listing near him for a sweet Kramer case for $40. I hadn't seen the ad, but I was able to run up there and grab it after this dude alerted me to it. That was so cool of him to do that - class act!!

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:15 am 
Kramer Kingpin

The old saying goes..."No honesty among thieves"...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 am 
Kramer Maniac

I was stood up in a trade situation by a young man who initiated everything based on my ad. I had a pretty nice Schecter and he wanted something with a fixed bridge like mine. He offered an Ibanez with a locking trem. I was actually trading down, but I had a love-hate relationship with the looks of this Schecter so I was ready. He made it clear that I would have to come towards him as transportation was difficult for him. Good communication right up to the point where he stood me up. :cen :bang .
I also have had great experiences a vast majority of the time on c-list. I wonder if it is specifically certain people in swap situations who are the most unpredictable. Straight up sales tend to go flawlessly in my experience.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:36 am 
Kramer Maniac

Had a guy back out at the last minute today on a guitar. He was all in, couldn't wait. Negotiated a price. Then backed out. He's contacted me several times for other guitars. The next time I get an email from him, my response will be "GO AWAY, and never contact me again."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 am 
Kramer Kingpin

I really love that. Guy asked a boatload of questions up to the exact weight of the guitar. Suffice to say that it fell through :cen .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I’ve actually never had a bad experience on craigslist. Of course when I post things there I get the emails from scammers but those are easy to weed out.
I do however have bad eBay experiences all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 am 
Kramer Maniac

I’ve never had anything local to me on Craigslist, but a nice guy North of Detroit was willing to ship a Kramer Savant II with ohsc for a great deal. FB has been a little sketchy but the items I’m selling have been slowly selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:06 am 
Kramer Maniac

Literally 5 minutes ago, a guy emailed me that he wont be showing up for the guitar I had on Craigslist. We had today's 10:00am meeting scheduled since Saturday. He even confirmed the meeting this morning. That confirmation was what I needed to bring the guitar to work with me.

Normally, this would just suck, but today it REALLY sucks. I was out sick yesterday, and definitely should have stayed home today. I came in because we had this meeting scheduled.

Now, not only am I selling the guitar, I have to sit here at work all day. Hopefully I don't get worse.

I'm seriously considering pulling all my gear off these sites. It just seems that there are way too many jackasses out there.