Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I am new to this forum, but not new to guitars. I just don't get the Music Yo Kramers. Some models like the Imperial were kind of cool. I see listings all the time on EBAY for ridiculous prices. Why would anyone buy these Gibson/Epiphone nock off's and not the REAL thing?
I have been around a while and have seen Gibson destroy every cool brand they ever bought, and owned.
Does this person really think they are going to get 2k for this guitar? I have a Korean made Striker they can have for $1,500.00 LOL. To top it off. The guitar doesn't even have the correct shape, or routing as a REAL Baretta.
I just do not get it. Never will. shrug
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MusicYo-by-Gib ... Swa8dZxC8j

If that guitar is worth 2k than the real 83-85 Baretta'a should be worth 5 times as much.

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Welcome!
Honestly, I have no idea. I would always much rather have the original, not some reissue, especially at these outrageous prices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 am 
Kramer Kingpin

SWANTECH wrote:
The guitar doesn't even have the correct shape, or routing as a REAL Baretta.
I just do not get it. Never will. shrug
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MusicYo-by-Gib ... Swa8dZxC8j

That is because it´s not a Baretta at all shrug . It´s an 84 model from MusicYo.

In the Yo era there have been a couple of awesome re-issues. Namely the Baretta 85 RI (2006) and the Pacer Imperial 83 RI (2008) which where incredible bang for the buck with premium parts such as Gibson pups, OFRs and Schaller hardware. American woods for neck and body and assembled in the USA. My Imp 08 RI is beautifully lightweight with its poplar body and screams like a banshee with the Gibby pups. Even though the shape is not 100 per cent period correct it gives my 83 Imp a good run for the money and the necks on those are totally awesome.

Original 83

08 RI

And then there were the 84 (like the above) and the Jersey Star (basically a Sambo RI with a thicker neck) with the same premium ingredients.

Are any of those Yo models worth the dough that some sellers seem to ask nowadays? In terms of quality and compared to what you can get from other manufacturers out there in the range between 1 and 2K my opinion is YES. In terms of them being simple Kramers and basically clons or copies most people would say NO. Would I pay 2K for a pristine Yo 84 if I had the budget right now? Probably not because I´d try my luck first here and then in the KF groups on FB.

The Yo 84s and the Yo Baretta RIs are miles ahead of the Kribson MIK 84s and Baretta Vintage models.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am 
Kramer Kingpin

KickstartMyHeart wrote:

The Yo 84s and the Yo Baretta RIs are miles ahead of the Kribson MIK 84s and Baretta Vintage models.

This.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Kramer Kommander

I very much liked the Yo 84 I had, it was top notch and really good woods used. Killer tone too, just the neck was as thick as a baseball bat (not a bad thing as such but a big difference to the original).

As for the Gibsons, first touch with that awful, sticky finish and I was already done with them. Let alone the mis-shaping of the headstock and neck at the joint with the Imp clone, just horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am 
Kramer Maniac

I've had numerous 'original' Imperials. Not one of them came close to the feel and sound of my '08 RI's.

Been my #1 since the day I got it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 pm 
Kramer Maniac

You folks have done a good job educating me. I thought they were all Korean made stuff.
Still. I am a nostalgic person. I will buy the originals. I also have a new appreciation for some of these Music yo Kramers.
Thanks.

90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
84 Baretta BLK
85 Baretta CR
86 Focus 1000 Blk
84 Focus 1000 CR
90's SSD Blackhawk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm 
Kramer Maniac

2112 wrote:
I've had numerous 'original' Imperials. Not one of them came close to the feel and sound of my '08 RI's.

Been my #1 since the day I got it

Man juice has just flowed drool

'86 Retta, Black
'86 Retta, Bubbles
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'87 Retta, The Fly
'86 Focus 2000, Hot Pink
'87 JK1000, Red
'14 Pacer Classic, white, modded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 am 
Kramer Maniac

I had a neck through Music yo Kramer,it had the Quad rail pickups,factory Gotoh tuners..I swapped out the factory Kramer branded Floyd to a real german Floyd rose and put some seymour Duncan pickups in it,after that it played and sounded awesome !It had incredible sustain and articulation and lots of natural resonance..I sold it but regret it..I paid $150 for it and it played and sounded great.