Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Some guy on Ebay is selling a Fender case supposedly once owned by Mick Mars. Only the case is for sale, but he posted a photo of the guitar that came with the case when he supposedly obtained it from Mars - an interesting Kramer custom graphic Pro Wrestling Tele. Who knows if it's legitimate, as I haven't ever seen any photos of Mick with this guitar (not that I'm the Mick Mars expert...... ((but I am))....), but its still an interesting Kramer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mick-Mars-Owned ... SwvMlZ3-cu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Doesn't even look like it'd fit in that case (may explain what looks like a headstock break!).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:40 pm 
Kramer Kommander

:brow interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 am 
Kramer Maniac

You'd think Kramer would give artists a case with their signature guitars...

This whole thing is a sham. You can see the graphic peeling off like cheap paper, so I doubt it was professionally done. Plus, the straight hum indicates GGG era, and all of Mick's Girls related guitars featured, well, girls! I don't see how boxing would be appropriate imagery for one of his guitars.

Jackson CBX IV Ellefson Bass (older version)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 am 
Kramer Kommander

80sChris wrote:
Doesn't even look like it'd fit in that case (may explain what looks like a headstock break!).

My thought too. That´d be a very very tight fit. Imo that black-and-white wrestling finish looks butt-effin-ugly. Not for the life of me would I want to have pics of meaty, sweaty dudes in monochrome on one of my axes. Beautiful, sweaty, mud-wrestling gals, ... uhh ... yeah, affirmative. That would be more to my liking.

Since Mick didn´t play the fiddle for the Village People I can´t imagine him ordering such a finish shrug .

BTW: Is that an ebony fretboard scratch_head ?

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 am 
Kramer Maniac

The black tele Mars used in the Dr. Feelgood video, the white tele he used at the Moscow Peace Festival and the mirror top where all straight humbuckers + it's a nana headstock, not a pointy. IF this is legitimate, I would guess it is from the 1988-1989 era.

Just playing devil's advocate here - Mars is a strange dude. I could see him liking/requesting a wrestling themed guitar. And the seller never said it was the original case for that particular Kramer, just that it was the case that he acquired with the guitar. I really don't know what to believe, but I know I wouldn't drop $600+ on a beat up old Fender case.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Here's the story on this Tele and a few more photos can be seen on his "Rock Star Yard Sale" website:

https://www.collectionzz.com/TheSixxMus ... ing-guitar

The Tele is for sale if anybody here wants it. Only $25,000.00. scratch_head

Story:
"1 of Mick Mars original 6 Kramer guitars made just for him by Kramer. It came to Mick with a no finish raw top. Mick's tech Bobby O gave it to Joe Perry's tech Elwood Francis in Aerosmith to give it the bone finish that he had done for Joe. Joe caught wind of it and said no because he did not want Mick playing a guitar that looked like his. So Bobby told Elwood to surprise him. Elwood and Bobby both loved WWE wrestling so Elwood decorated the body with a wrestling collage. During this time Mick broke the neck on his #1 Kramer guitar, the Mirror Guitar played during the Dr. Feelgood tour and in many videos, including Kickstart My Heart. Mick took this #1 neck and had it fixed by well known guitar luthier Sammy Sanchez. Bobby put the #2 Kramer neck back on the Mirror guitar and married the #1 Mirror guitar neck to the Wrestling guitar. Sammy put black hardware on the neck to match the black hardware on the Wrestling guitar. Mick took the Wrestling guitar on tour. Mick did not get it back until the end of 1990 near the end of the Feelgood tour. So Mick only had the chance to play it in a few shows. Mick also had it as his #2 guitar for the Decade Of Decadence and Monsters of Rock tours in 1991. After that short run of shows Mick had a falling out with Kramer and stopped playing their guitars. You can see the area on the back of the neck where Mick's rocket device on the Mirror guitar was hooked up."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Wait...what? Had a falling out with Kramer in '91?
Probably cuz they wouldnt returm his calls....closed for bizness the year before.... dielaughing

:bs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm 
Kramer Maniac

sixstring wrote:
Wait...what? Had a falling out with Kramer in '91?
Probably cuz they wouldnt returm his calls....closed for bizness the year before.... dielaughing

:bs

:mrgreen :roll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:05 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Still, butt-effin-ugly imo shrug .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs